• Register
  • Help

Topic: Short semi-rejected cue...

Share/Bookmark

Short semi-rejected cue...

Hi... finally something to share, even if its a little peice only.

I started composing it but its far from the temp track that the client provided - and I know they want it close to the temp. So I figured I would share it here, rather with them

www.marcussenmusic.com/mp3/katharsis.mp3

Re: Short semi-rejected cue...

If you don't mind me correcting your spelling, I think the track should be named:

katharsis, and not karthasis... (I'm Greek and it's a Greek word )

Other than that there are a couplf of things that buged me a little. The big crescendo at the begining to the solo violin, which seemed out of place a little, and the fact that a single solo violin, could be much louder than a full choir+string orchestra. (mixing issue).

Other than that I hoenstly did not mind that it was synthetic, the violin did not sound synthectic at all!

Thanks for the spell check... I'll edit it now

As for the mixing... well its a mix to picture, and not a natural mix so to speak. Thanks for giving it a listen.

What are those choirs Marcussen ???

Hi Christian,

what happened to your website? Be sure there are some guys out there who wants to hear some of your work. Keep it coming...!

Best

Kai

[Edit]

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Just speculation, but maybe it's the Bonus Choir...? Lush. Nice piece btw., but it's toooooooo short.

[/Edit]

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    lol - are they that bad? They are, as Mixolydian speculates, the VSL choir. They are fantastic...

what happened to your website? Be sure there are some guys out there who wants to hear some of your work. Keep it coming...!
    I never got around completing it. Mostly because the music I want to show off is always the music I'm not aloud to show off. And the music from last year, never sounds good enough so I want to show it - I always feel I have improved so much that putting old music on the site would do me disservice... Quite annoying to feel that way

This an evocative piece

A dose of world weariness for sure!

Marko

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    I never got around completing it. Mostly because the music I want to show off is always the music I'm not aloud to show off. And the music from last year, never sounds good enough so I want to show it - I always feel I have improved so much that putting old music on the site would do me disservice... Quite annoying to feel that way
    Yeah, annoying. But feel free to post some more snippets from time to time.

Best regards

Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
    This an evocative piece

A dose of world weariness for sure!

Marko
    Thanks

Whoever listens dont mind the funny string beginning - it suited the image

Go Back to forum