• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Another Bass Question But Important :)

Share/Bookmark

Another Bass Question But Important :)

Hello, I have been going crazy trying to figure out what bass guitar sample to buy. My music would be compared to Nickleback.. My question is, what would work best for this type of music.. I need something that will sound realistic while repeating notes (no machine gun effect). I have a friend that has Trilogy, and we tried it on of my songs, and even with eq and running it through a amp simulator etcc.., it still would not fit well with the song. It sounds great, but for the life of me, we could not get it to work. He does alot of jazz/blues, and it sounds perfect with that. I really like Scarbee fingered (although it looks like I will miss the birthday sale Just curious if anyone has used this on more modern types of songs. The demos arent even close to what I do. Majestic also sounds good!! I am completely lost. I can say that I will only use one bass guitar. I have no use for fretless or upright.. Sorry if this has been asked, but I havent seen anyone looking for a bass for the same type of music.. I can say since joining this forum that I am purchasing Bela D Media Lyrical Distortion Bundle tomorrow!! I appreciate all the help I have recieved.. Thanks

Re: Another Bass Question But Important :)

Hmmmm... I would say if you could wait I think Bela D. is going to have something that would make you very happy But I don't know when such a thing might come to pass! I think Scarbee might do the job with reamping, but it's really hard to say. Did you try Trilogy's overdriven picked bass?? It's pretty good....

BTW have fun with LD! I think you'll love it...

I wish someone from Bela D Media would PM me and let me know something is coming out SOON!!! I am really thinking about getting scarbee right now.. I tried every bass (electric) with Trilogy and it would not sit well. Again, I think the bass samples sound great and am not in any way saying anything bad about Trilogy.. I cannot wait to recieve Lyrical Distortion. It is the best I have heard so far. It will work perfect with my music style. If anybody has any comments please feel free to post )) Thanks alot.

Hey RockStar,

I would never tell you to not buy a product. As a bassist of 22 years, I can honestly say that Mr. Scarbee's bass is a wonderful product. I do not own it and I base that on demos and user comments. I am very close to one of their programmers as well. All I can say is that Bela D Bass (temp name) will be a different animal. It is a very aggressive Geddy Lee tone. I am a major Geddy fan and have been since that age of 11.

I cannot say for certainty when it will be released because I get stopped from working on my own products to get Bela D products out with my staff. In the perfect world, I hope to have it ready by mid winter. It will use the same power scripting as LD.

I hope this helps and always feel free to contact us via beladmedia.com
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Is it kosher to recommend Hardcore Bass XP right now? Because that's just about perfect for this style of music, works as both a Kontakt lib and standalone instrument, and is a good deal right now at $145 USD.

I had a chance to play with Hardcore Bass a while back and I was very underwhelmed. The sounds seemed OK but they didn't play well to me and I don't recall there being a lot of articulations. I could be wrong on that last one; it's been a while. of course, it might just have been that I didn't really have time to learn its strengths. But based on that experience I personally wouldn't have bought it. Other's mileage may very though!

Well thanks for the replies!! Well 1st, I ordered Lyrical Distortion Bundle TODAY ) Cannot wait.. Also, I learned about the upcoming bass guitar from Bela D Media also.. This is going to be great. I have really been listening to comments around the net about Bela D Media and have really payed attention to the demos. I think these guys have some of the best sounds out relating to what they have! I know the new bass samples will be equally as good. It will just be a while before it comes out. That still puts me back to square one. I have also heard Hardcorebass a while back, and although it does fit better with what I do, I agree there "seemed" to be less to work with. I could be completely wrong.. I really think right now Scarbee is the way to go. It is cheaper and seems to have alot to work with. I just wish Mr. Scarbee would send me a pm and honor the discount a bit longer for me .. If anyone has any more opinions please feel free to reply. If not, I am grateful for the reply's so far.. Thanks

BTW Fred, I am only about 2 1/2 hours away from Chat!!! Around 50 miles east of Nashville.. Small world..

Thumbs up Re: Another Bass Question But Important :)

Quote Originally Posted by rockstr
    I have really been listening to comments around the net about Bela D Media and have really payed attention to the demos. I think these guys have some of the best sounds out relating to what they have!
    That means the world to us man! Thank you for that!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by rockstr
    BTW Fred, I am only about 2 1/2 hours away from Chat!!! Around 50 miles east of Nashville.. Small world..
    Oh cool, I was just up there last week for the Bill Bruford drum clinic!! (Which was amazing, BTW)

Go Back to forum