• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question regarding piano samples and adjusting volume levels

Share/Bookmark

Question regarding piano samples and adjusting volume levels

Is there an easy way to create a more powerful bass sound below middle c in standard piano libraries? The treble is fine but I just can't get much power out of the lower registers. I'm pretty sure it's my controller and not the samples because I have this problem with several libraries. I've raised the velocity levels within my sequencer, Sonar, to fix the treble, but the bass remains weak. Any suggestions?

Re: Question regarding piano samples and adjusting volume levels

EQ, use EQ
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Re: Question regarding piano samples and adjusting volume levels

Could it be your keyboards' fault maybe? Something wrong in the lower octaves?

Other than that I think that EQ will ruin the sound not help a lot, but of course it's worth a try... definately...

Sinec you're using Sonar, try to imput a couple of bass notes with the piano roll and have velocity 126 to see what happens...

What pianos are you using? Could it be a fault of the sampler? or kompakt (if it's EW for example)? Does it happe nto other instruments as well? Try a harp which has almost simmilar range... (give or take 1 1/2 octave ) see what happens...

Go Back to forum