• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Genelec Vs. Dynaudio

Share/Bookmark

OT: Genelec Vs. Dynaudio

hi,
    i have 2 Genelecs 8030's ....i saw that everybody is talking of dynaudio monitors....could you please tell me if i should sell these monitors to buy dynaudios . tnx sorry 4 the english!

Re: OT: Genelec Vs. Dynaudio

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    hi,
    i have 2 Genelecs 8030's ....i saw that everybody is talking of dynaudio monitors....could you please tell me if i should sell these monitors to buy dynaudios . tnx sorry 4 the english!

I have Genelec 1029a speakers: apparently Dynaudio speakers are better (according to the chaps at VSL) but I certainly can't afford to change them now.

I think that they're still very good.

Dynaudios are different, not necessarily better. It's a matter of preference. Don't change your monitors just because somebody on the internet says that you don't have the best ones. There are no best ones, you have to be the judge. Genelec 8030s are excellent monitors. If you know how to mix you'll do more than fine with them. If you don't know how to mix then no monitor is going to make you any better. Practice does.

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    Don't change your monitors just because somebody on the internet says that you don't have the best ones. There are no best ones
    What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Genelecs and Dynaudios are both good monitors. We are using both of them at our studio. I've used to Genelec's sound because I've listened them over 4 years. So that's why I like to mix with them. But when I heard Dynaudios they where much smoother and nicer to listen. So I don't think that you would regret selling the Genelecs and buy pair of Dynaudios.
    Passion for Sound
    http://www.soundreel.com

I can buy your Genelec if you want !

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    I can buy your Genelec if you want !
    I'm from italy..maybe it's better that you buy them in Canada...!!!

For the Beolabs i think that i can't afford them ...if everybody here in this forum gives me 10 dollars i'll buy them!

(thank you everybody for the help) but i'm still confused

Go Back to forum