• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 & Studio

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 & Studio

Does anyone know if you still can use Studio when GPO & JABB are converted to Kontakt 2?

Björn

Re: Kontakt 2 & Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrom
    Does anyone know if you still can use Studio when GPO & JABB are converted to Kontakt 2?

Björn
    You mean using Garritan Studio?

If so, then I would say it is doubtful.

GPO is a Kontakt 1.x library. Studio is a host for GPO kontakt player. It is hard-wired to only host GPO Player (which is Kontakt 1)

You can try it but I don't think you will have much success.

Converting any GPO instruments to K2 has proven to be a LOT of a challenge for me - mostly because with the GPO K1 player, all the programming and stuff have already been done. Opening a GPO instrument in K2 has always yielded mixed results for me because you have to reset all the parameters to match with how GPO works (legato tool, etc).

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrom

Björn
    Björn,

GPO Studio won't work with Kontakt 2 and we probably will not update it to support it either.

GPO Studio was designed to bridge the gap between notation programs and samples. And it accomplished that well, so well in fact that Finale, Sibelius, and Overture (and soon others) have integrated GPO Studio-like hosting directly within the apps themselves. In the future there will be little need for a third-party app.

Right now we are looking beyond Studio working on the next generation of interoperability and integration. We have some nice things coming.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Björn,

Right now we are looking beyond Studio working on the next generation of interoperability and integration. We have some nice things coming.

Gary Garritan
    Ah! This sound interesting. There are so much new things coming so it is hard to wait.

As I se it there are 2 problems (maybe not when the time comes), when GPO & Jabb will work with the built-in Kontakt 2 in Finale:

1) What will happens with all the studio set-ups allready made. Will they be converted and opened in Kntakt 2 or do I have do redo all of them?

2) I have used the built-in Kontakt Player in Finale some times, but the problem is that I often work with different movements or pieces at the same time which have the same orchestra and therefore the same set-up in Studio. When I shift between these, Finale reloads the instruments every time. As now when I´m working on scores for big orchestra it takes too far long time so using the studio is the only way to work.

Björn

Go Back to forum