• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano performed by Haydn on the Gofriller Cello

Share/Bookmark

Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano performed by Haydn on the Gofriller Cello

Haydn has sent in his Gofriler Cello performance of the Sonata for Cello and Piano in D minor by Claude Debussy (1862-1918).

Sonata for Cello and Piano in D minor
    http://www.garritan.com/Cello/Debuss...o-Prologue.mp3

Debussy wrote this sonata in 1915. The Sonata for Cello was the first of a group of six sonatas for various instrumental combinations. This work represented a departure from Debussy's usual free-form impressionistic approach and his decision to use the sonata form was surprising (although he does invert the form).

Excellent work Yo-Yo Haydn. You are becoming quite the master! Thanks for sending this.

Hope you all enjoy this and comments, of course, are welcome.

Gary Garritan

Re: Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano performed by Haydn on the Gofriller Cello

Haydn:

Really enjoyed your artistry with the Gofriller. A beautiful instrument in the hands of one who knows how to play it. Being a Debussy devotee, this was a special and delightful surprise.....

BRAVO, Haydn......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thumbs up Re: Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano performed by Haydn on the Gofriller Cello

Very beautiful work, Haydn!

David

Re: Debussy's Sonata for Cello and Piano performed by Haydn on the Gofriller Cello

Lovely Work , Haydn.

You have a coaxed an impressive range of tone from the Gofriller.
    Excellent control of tempo, in this piece.

I love the Harmonics at the end.

regards Joe

Thanks for the comments! The latest version of the Cello is a large improvement over the version I started a few months ago. The harmonics are one of the latest additions.

Jim

Beautiful job, as always.

One of my favorite viola pieces is Debussy's Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp. When the Garritan Viola comes out, someone will have to take a shot at that.

(Oh, no! Did I just volunteer for something?)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

That is gorgeous!
    Beautifully expressive... and very natural-sounding to my ears!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Beautiful job, as always.

One of my favorite viola pieces is Debussy's Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp. When the Garritan Viola comes out, someone will have to take a shot at that.

(Oh, no! Did I just volunteer for something?)
    Yeah Dan, Can't wait to hear it.
    It is one of my Favourites too.

regards Joe

Gorgeous!

Just lovely!

The piano? May I ask the piano?

Great work Haydn, that definitely puts the cello in a very good light... Did you perform this live, or basically tweaked it with all the controllers till it sounded right?? Could one possible play this live?? Just wondering...

Go Back to forum