• Register
  • Help

Topic: drum set and Finale 2007

Share/Bookmark

Question drum set and Finale 2007

I am just a beginner with JABB. I am trying to enter notes on a drum set part using simple entry in Finale 2007. I have 2 questions. Is one drum set voice more realistic than another. Is GM Classic Jazz better that classic 03 Jazz? I just want a standard rock rhythm with some drum fills every few measures. Also, I have been playing with it for awhile and the tom tom sounds are much softer than the bass drum and snare drum. Is there a way to balance the voices other than add dynamics through Finale? I can't even hear the closed hi hat sound.
    Thanks a lot
    Larry

Re: drum set and Finale 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lhenry@d15.org
    I am just a beginner with JABB. I am trying to enter notes on a drum set part using simple entry in Finale 2007. I have 2 questions. Is one drum set voice more realistic than another. Is GM Classic Jazz better that classic 03 Jazz? I just want a standard rock rhythm with some drum fills every few measures. Also, I have been playing with it for awhile and the tom tom sounds are much softer than the bass drum and snare drum. Is there a way to balance the voices other than add dynamics through Finale? I can't even hear the closed hi hat sound.
    Thanks a lot
    Larry
    Hi, Larry..

Just to let you know this has been brought up...
    Jim Williams
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: drum set and Finale 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lhenry@d15.org
    Thanks a lot
    Larry
    Yes, there is a way. Instead of loading the whole kit. Load each component of the kit separately, but to the same channel. Then set the base volume of each component separately within the player, until you are satisfied with the balance.

One issue, you will need to deactive "Use CC7... for volume" in the Kontakt player settings (or whatever that setting says). If you don't do this, then CC7 data sent from Finale will reset all of the kit components to the same value. And because this is a global setting, you will need to control base volume for all JABB instruments within the Kontakt player. The volume sliders and mixer in Finale will have no effect.

Go Back to forum