• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sadly, I Dance

Share/Bookmark

Sadly, I Dance - Trumpet Solo

This a piece to be added to my collection of trumpet solos. It is of medium difficulty and was written with Finale 2007 and the Garritan sampled sounds.

Visit: http://www.lulu.com/wrayer if you care to purchase any of these solos (unabashed advertisement)

SADLY, I DANCE

Re: Sadly, I Dance

Very nice work, Wrayer!

There's a noticeable sadness to this arrangement... or perhaps pensive.

Quite modern, almost pop in style.

Ordinarily a brass lead may be too harsh for this form, yet it works quite well... Creates an interesting feeling of isolation.

Nice work!

~Jeff

This series of trumpet solos is proving a rich vein for
    you, William.

Particularly the 'A' sections of this... wonderfully expressive,
    emotive writing. The trumpet is so often held heroic or
    bombastic or clarionic -- it's great to hear the emotional
    side of the instrument brought out so well.

Fine job on this. I sincerely hope this series receive some
    serious attention. I note you've priced the scores very
    conservatively, and one hopes they sell well for you.
    They deserve to!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Jeff - Thanks for listening. I used the dance rhythms to keep the emotion running in the work. I play both classical and jazz trumpet, so I think that comes through in my music.

David - Thanks as always for your comments. I priced my work to be sold (don't think any of us will make it rich selling music. Mozart died a pauper! So, I don't want to be as good as Mozart!

Very well done Bill. But I still think it would sound better on clarinet.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Very well done Bill. But I still think it would sound better on clarinet.

Instead of buying you a candy cane for CHristmas, I'll just buy you some cane so you can whittle yourself a wittle weed.

I seldom heard paino and solo trumpet and this is a good piece. Romantic and mellow. It certainly broadens my musical awareness, thank you.

By the way, Mozart didn't die in poverty, that is a legend. The truth is that he died suddenly and was burried in a sheet, not because he was poor but because this was very common in Vienna (Austria) at the time. His wife lived a good life after his death, later she made money out of his legacy.

Raymond

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha You are cracking me up!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    I seldom heard paino and solo trumpet and this is a good piece. Romantic and mellow. It certainly broadens my musical awareness, thank you.

By the way, Mozart didn't die in poverty, that is a legend. The truth is that he died suddenly and was burried in a sheet, not because he was poor but because this was very common in Vienna (Austria) at the time. His wife lived a good life after his death, later she made money out of his legacy.

Raymond
    Thanks Raymond - I am so glad you enjoyed the work. The inspiration actually came from hearing train horns at night - they can make an awful wail, but sometimes they can sing a lonesome song.

As far as Mozart dying rich or poor, the wife made out better than Mozart did!

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha You are cracking me up!
    Watch out or I will cwack your weed - maybe that would make you a "cwack head"? little weed chopper.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast