• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST vs DXi in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

VST vs DXi in Sonar

Hi, all. What's the difference between VST & DXi? Is one better than the other? How do you use GPO/JABB as a VST instead of DXi in Sonar/Cakewalk? Thanks. ~ Eric

Re: VST vs DXi in Sonar

Is one better than the other?
    Use the VST version to avoid the well-documented "tempo change bug", where note off is not always recognized when a tempo change occurs during a sustained note.

How do you use GPO/JABB as a VST instead of DXi in Sonar/Cakewalk?
    Assuming you have run the Cakewalk VST Adapter to locate and register the GPO VST, you can select the VST version from the "VST" menu selection on the "Insert ==> Softsynth ==> VST ==> PersonalOrchestraVST" menu.
    Bill

Re: VST vs DXi in Sonar

I use GPO and Sonar Home Studio 4XL--And I wanted to add to this thread that for some reason, the DXi version of GPO is simply not stable when loaded into HS. With the VST version, loaded as Billp described, I never have any problems.

And that's ironic--because Cakewalk has long been the champion of DXi, and has had VST capability for a shorter period of time. In order to stay competitive, VST had to be added. Odd that this "borrowed technology" (VST from Steinberg) is working better, in the case of GPO, than their own DXi--!

rbowser

Go Back to forum