• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multiple audio outputs in GVI?

Share/Bookmark

Multiple audio outputs in GVI?

I have GVI running inside Sonar with my Echo Layla3G card. I have Sonar set to access all of the 8 analog outputs of the Layla card. Is it possible to set up GVI so that the aoudio outs for each channel can access more than one of the audio outs in Sonar? I can change the out puts for each channel of GVI but don't see how to send them to different audio outs in Sonar.

I can't find this information in the GVI manual.

Thanks

David M.

Re: Multiple audio outputs in GVI?

When you insert GVI in Sonar, check the box to create All Synth Audio Outputs. You may not be seeing that dialog. There is a preference for showing it, but I can't find it right now and it's dinner time I have mine set to show each time. It's in the Sonar manual.

- G

Gamera:

Thanks for the response. I'm familiar with the box you suggested. I will try that. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

David M.

I actually put up this exact same post a few weeks ago. I spent multiple phone-calls and e-mails with Tascam who were never able to provide a solution.

You can have Sonar set up correctly with a seperate audio track set up for each GVI output, but regardless of what output you select in GVI, it still plays through the 1-2 out.

The workaround I found was creating an FX track for each output I wanted and then routing the GVI track to the corresponding FX track. For some reason the FX tracks output correctly, but the individual tracks do not.

It sure would be nice to have Tascam figure this out, but after 2 weeks of constant calls to their tech support and no resolution, i'm doubtful.

Go Back to forum