• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: STRADI 2.0 DEMO: Double Violin Concerto - J.S.Bach

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb STRADI 2.0 DEMO: Double Violin Concerto - J.S.Bach

The Stradivari solo Violin 2.01 has a new warm colour, contrasting enough with the included 1.08, and the new IR for instrument convolution keep the effect even more interesting. It's time for violin duets! A first excerpt:

J.S.Bach - Double Violin concerto in D min, Allegro

P.S. The continuo is featuring (beside GPO Doublebass and Harpsichord) the Gofriller Cello Beta as the special guest.

Re: STRADI 2.0 DEMO: Double Violin Concerto - J.S.Bach

Hey Fabio - this is AWESOME!

One of my very very favourite pieces. This version is excellent!!!
    Bravo
    Jon

Fabio,

This is great!! Wonderful production of this double violin work complete with the continuo and double bass courtesy of GPO.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Fabio:

Sounds "real" to me. What a wonderfully, crafted piece of music to go along with your extremely fine artistry using the new GPO instruments.

BRAVO, Fabio.

Question: How long did it take you to put this together considering you had to learn how to work with the Strad and Gofriller?

Ciao,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

It's impressively beautiful!

Embarrassing, I haven't even loaded my Stad yet.

But winter is my time to play which is soon!

You did a wonderful job with this Bach masterpiece, Fabio. Finish it, please! I want to hear more.

Thanks for sharing.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Molto ben fatto, Fabio, spero che tu voglia completarlo... l'uso dei due violini e' interessante, ciascuno con la propria personalita'

BRAVO!!

Roberto

Lightbulb Re: STRADI 2.0 DEMO: Double Violin Concerto - J.S.Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Fabio:

Sounds "real" to me. What a wonderfully, crafted piece of music to go along with your extremely fine artistry using the new GPO instruments.

BRAVO, Fabio.

Question: How long did it take you to put this together considering you had to learn how to work with the Strad and Gofriller?

Ciao,

Jack
    The excerpt is made in round 8 hours of work, starting from a basic MIDI track (very bad to be honest. A better MIDI track should make it easier, if you find it, or if you make it with good notation program algorithms)

Jack, don't think it's too long and hard: all the instruments are using a common and effective set of parameters, "driving" a Gofriller is easy after you learn Stradivari. And learning is quick if you take a good sequencer and open the rollbar and the graphic editor: the lenght, overlapping and velocity of midi notes is controlling legato and articulations, the Expression, modulation and aftertouch are controlling the vibrato and dynamics.

I open my Cubase key aditor and I edit every parameter listening to the result over to the satisfactory combination of a passage, then i go on with the following phrase, and so on to the end. Like I do with GPO, but with less parameters (the main are velocity and modulation in GPO)

Of course to quickly understand the instrument play it live! a keyboard with expression pedal (and aftertouch or programmable knob/fader) is giving immediate experience.

This sounds great! Keep up the awesome work. What a great sample library!
    You make it really shine!

Fabio:

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. It is a great help knowing what has to be done with the newer instruments. And, again, an awesome job on this.

Ciao,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast