• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: "String Song Number Two"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "String Song Number Two"

    Strang Lovers,

    I wrote "String Song Number Two" this morning. It is all-strings and all-GPO. Again, I gave prominence to the viola section with some solo passages.

    It's rather syrupy and maybe predictable but I hope that you like at least part of it anyway.

    Regards to all,

    Larry

    http://www.alexandermusic.com
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    He did it again!! Please stop writing !
    Among the old and famous composers everybody envied Rossini for his endless melodies. Now, in my eyes you are the new TexGiacomo.

    Raymond

  3. #3

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    He did it again!! Please stop writing !
    Among the old and famous composers everybody envied Rossini for his endless melodies. Now, in my eyes you are the new TexGiacomo.

    Raymond
    I'm stopping...I'm stopping. TexGiacomo?

    Thank you Raymond for listening and I appreciate the compliments.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    TexGiacomo?
    Soory I had his first name wrong (Gioacchino Rossini). Those bloody italians with their strange names.......

    Raymond
    [Gioacchino Antonio Rossini 1792-1868]

  5. #5

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    I cannot say I found it syrupy, Larry; though surely,
    smooth. (With Raymond, I did detect an Italian feel
    to the 'A' section, however.) Rich, well orchestrated
    string writing in this, Larry...

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  6. #6

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I cannot say I found it syrupy, Larry; though surely,
    smooth. (With Raymond, I did detect an Italian feel
    to the 'A' section, however.) Rich, well orchestrated
    string writing in this, Larry...

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Many thanks, Mr. Dave.

    When can we expect YOUR next fine opus?

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Thanks for asking, Larry; but with the constraints
    of earning a living and some downtime due to an
    illness -- it may be a while. I rarely produce more
    than 10-20 seconds of finished music per six-hour
    session of writing; and alas, I've been finding little
    time lately to write.

    Actually, I was thinking of subcontracting you to
    take over for me, Larry... lol!

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.dom
    .

  8. #8

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    I am sorry to hear that you've been ill, my friend. I hope that you are doing much better and I wish the best for you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Syrupy? Syrup is delicious!

    Great work! I love your melodic talent as usual! A fine catchy work you have here, with that magical LGA sound. Thank you so much for such fine music!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  10. #10

    Re: "String Song Number Two"

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Syrupy? Syrup is delicious!

    Great work! I love your melodic talent as usual! A fine catchy work you have here, with that magical LGA sound. Thank you so much for such fine music!
    ...and thank you, Sean Patrick, for your kind words. It is my pleasure to post my meager efforts.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •