• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

Hi all.

If it's of any interest, i may tell you more about the production method of the following little work

Deck The Halls

Just let me know.

Fabio

Re: A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Hi all.

If it's of any interest, i may tell you more about the production method of the following little work

Deck The Halls

Just let me know.

Fabio
    Very beautiful Fabio. How did you get the voices in the work?

Smile Re: A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

It's a mix of several libraries, including products of BelaDmedia and EWQL (in cooperation with a friend, Roberto).

The result is less "robotic" than usual with just a library, because of the deep work of mixing (arriving sometime to the single vowel crossfade between different sources) and the inclusion of little elements recorded live (but so difficoult to syncronize and keep in tune).

Unfortunately the mix-up produces a less clean and sometime a little forced sound. I'm not fully satisfied yet, but I think we are going in the good direction.

This is very good indeed Fabio. I think that it's one of the best, if not the best, realisation of choir music that I've heard. The orchestral arrangement and production is excellent too.

I can understand the amount of work you did to get here but it's raised the bar of what is possible. At the moment you can't escape getting down into the MIDI GRITTY as you have done but, my goodness, the results are worth it IMVHO.

How fortunate we are that we live at a time when it is possible to realise our dreams with such choral and orchestral excellence.....even if it does take a lot of time, what price the satisfaction?

What orchestral sounds and reverbs are you using..... if I may ask?

Fantastic work Fabio!

Frank

Thanks for kind words, yes the work is still hard but the satisfaction is becoming high.

GPO loaded on Kontact 2.11, and his Convolution reverb.

Thumbs up Re: A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    It's a mix of several libraries, including products of BelaDmedia and EWQL (in cooperation with a friend, Roberto).
    Ciao Fabio,

Thank you for including Giovani in your mix. We are always honored by your music my friend.

Bravo!

Francis
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I've never heard such an authentic choral realization. Congratulations! You've inspired me to look into purchasing some new choral libraries...

-Alex

www.alexdavismusic.com

Cool Re: A CHORAL WORK: Deck the Halls

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Ciao Fabio,

Thank you for including Giovani in your mix. We are always honored by your music my friend.

Bravo!

Francis
    Yes, Giovani is used to make more ethereal the central section (sopranos)

But also Diva enter first and last section to enrich and caracterize the sound of female parts.

Being a singer, I used my own voice to characterize a little the male voices, but time and tuning sync of the little live insert are a real challenge...
    (Everything is fixed by digital tricks, but the results are less natural of course).

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis
    I've never heard such an authentic choral realization. Congratulations! You've inspired me to look into purchasing some new choral libraries...

-Alex

www.alexdavismusic.com
    Alex, BelaDmedia vocal libraries, Giovani first of all, are the most natural sounding products available today. The only weakness is the limited set of vowels and syllabes. The sound is intimate and pure (chamber ensable), but tools for layering allow also for bigger sections.

Giovani: Mottetto

EWQLSC is the opposite: an incredible editor create every word in almost every language, but results are less natural or sometime still robotic IMHO. the sound is powerfull and strong (symphonic ensamble).
    lots of demos in the site (some one so bad, that doesn't describe the real power of the tool, but it let you understand the program doesn't work out of the box...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    How fortunate we are that we live at a time when it is possible to realise our dreams with such choral and orchestral excellence.....even if it does take a lot of time, what price the satisfaction?

What orchestral sounds and reverbs are you using..... if I may ask?

Fantastic work Fabio!

Frank
    This sounds terrific indeed, congrats !

I agree that sounds libraries seem to be the best thing that could happen to any composer in recent days but actually it can produce the opposite : the shortness of this tune( and it's the same for 99% of the music posted ) demonstrates that it's almost impossible to do the same for a big piece of music, I mean a symphony or whatever.
    It takes a lot of time to compose a 30 minute( or more) structured work and it will take eons to do the mock-up : not to mention that a lot of orchestral and choral effects are unavailable ( the prerecorded ones barely fit the purpose of the composer), so the composer has to deal with the samples and his creativity has to fit the library.

I have been aware of this point when working on a long and sophisticated piece : it was impossible to do a realistic mock-up without buying 6 computers and spending months of midi sequencing and mixing.

That's why I think that samples libraries and especially their use in the most realistic way are not ( yet) suitable for "concert music" composers.

Go Back to forum