• Register
  • Help

Topic: So How About the Content??

Share/Bookmark

So How About the Content??

GVI's 7GB of Samples: Good or Bad? I see a lot of stuff on tascam's site that makes most of it seem to overlap with the GS3 content. For GS3 owners, is there really anything in there that sweetens the pot?

Belbin

Re: So How About the Content??

Yes there some nice samples.
    There are some samples named "composeres choise" fantastic violin things.
    I dont know if there is a library where can buy these samples.

Re: So How About the Content??

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    Yes there some nice samples.
    There are some samples named "composeres choise" fantastic violin things.
    I dont know if there is a library where can buy these samples.

Thanks A.B.
    Right. I have some of those violin samples that came with GS3...Do you know if they're the same ones? The ones I have are kinda cool, but not that versatile. Getting GVI is pretty much a no-brainer for a GS3 user, due to the cheap upgrade, but I'm still a little reluctant due to the facts that, a) GS3 is working well for me, and adding GVI on the same system would be redundant, as I don't have the RAM to avail of its ability to load more samples. i.e. what GS3 can load is about all my system can bear. b) I am pretty comfortable with my current workflow, c) it's not actually making me any real $$.
    I'd consider it a much more worthwhile investment if I knew for sure that it contained 3-5 gigs of really useful samples. Since getting opus 1, there's a large portion of the GS3 content that I never even left installed on my system. I'd consider it worthwhile anyway, given the price and the fact that I'm eventually planning on adding another machine, but I'm trying hard to resist temptation!!
    Any further details much appreciated.

Belbin

Go Back to forum