• Register
  • Help

Topic: Country Drum loops or midis?

Share/Bookmark

Country Drum loops or midis?

Can anyone suggest a loop lib or source of GM based midi files for country music? I know it might seem pathetic but I have absolutely no drumming knowledge at all and anything I program myself is going to sound like AC/DC at best. I have a project that is due by next Wedensday. Anyhelp would be much appreciated. By the way, I have quite a few nice kit sounds, just not the knowledge to record them as tracks. Thanks.

Eric

Re: Country Drum loops or midis?

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Can anyone suggest a loop lib or source of GM based midi files for country music?
    www.keyfax.com was one of the original MIDI loop library purveyors, and should have something in the neighborhood.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

www.GrooveMonkee.com

Thanks everyone for the suugestions. I'm checking it all out now.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Can anyone suggest a loop lib or source of GM based midi files for country music?
    If you are GigaStudio-capable, and have a few extra bucks lying around, the Larry Seyer's Acoustic Drums library comes with over 900 GM MIDI files, each consisting of little snippets (I think they're all a bar long), covering many different styles. At least 21 of those files contain the word "country" in their titles, and I saw a bunch with the word "Texas," which may or may not be appropriate...

Now... the library will seem a bit expensive if you're only buying it for access to the tiny GM MIDI snippets...

...on the other hand, it is an incredibly powerful and detailed and flexible (not to mention swell-sounding) drum library.
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum