• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some "Christmas Fluff"

Share/Bookmark

Smile Some "Christmas Fluff"

It's time to prepare for my lovely wife's elementary school Christmas program again. She'll be doing this year's presentation with the third grade class. Here's my version of Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer that the little tykes (and monsters!) will be singing along with.

GPO: Strings, bass clarinet, percussion toys
    JABB: Soprano sax, flute, bongos

Bass is Washburn 5-String, drumset is from K2.

Nothing stupendous here; just a fun, simple, quickie afternoon job.

Thanks for listening!

Danny

http://www.dannywilliamsmusic.com/Rudolph.mp3

Re: Some "Christmas Fluff"

Very nice! The soprano sax sounded very relaxed and natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargason
    Very nice! The soprano sax sounded very relaxed and natural.
    Thanks, Dargason.

A glass or two of Merlot on a Sunday afternoon and... yeah, the soprano sax "player" was quite relaxed!

Thanks again for listening.

Danny

If someone had done something like this for my class when I was in third grade, I'd be ecstatic! It's a fun arrangement, and the sax programming sounds really good! Nice job on this--especially for just taking an afternoon!

So nice--I really enjoyed your arrangement. One afternoon--?! I can't imagine putting together so polished a recording that quickly. I'm impressed, and smiling from the listen. Thank you.

rbowser

Danny,

That is a really great arrangment that you have posted here. I know that the kids will enjoy it. Hopefully they will feel special about it given its source. Very nice scoring to get the most from the GPO & JABB libraries.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    If someone had done something like this for my class when I was in third grade, I'd be ecstatic! It's a fun arrangement, and the sax programming sounds really good! Nice job on this--especially for just taking an afternoon!
    Thank you much, JMC. I think my wife's students and I are equally gratified by the experience of writing for them. It truly is just a lot of fun.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    So nice--I really enjoyed your arrangement. One afternoon--?! I can't imagine putting together so polished a recording that quickly. I'm impressed, and smiling from the listen. Thank you.
    Well, thank you for such positive comments and taking the time to listen. I'm very glad you enjoyed!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Danny,

That is a really great arrangment that you have posted here. I know that the kids will enjoy it. Hopefully they will feel special about it given its source. Very nice scoring to get the most from the GPO & JABB libraries.

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    Hi Gary,

Thanks very much for your kind response. The kids just started with it this week, and my wife says they're really having fun with it.

Great arrangement, Danny... loved it! You've got
    one heck of a touch, my friend. Some of the strokes
    in this are really inspired.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Did I ever mention I had an uncle named Rudolph?

Love this kind of stuff. This is very original. Love the osinato. I must say though, Kenny G. better be careful, because he can't quite play this as well as the JABB saxophones.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast