• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pat-a-pan

Share/Bookmark

Pat-a-pan

I had some fun putting together "Pat-a-pan" for this year's GPO Xmas CD. There are a couple of other tunes mangled in there somewhere, plus a lot of goofing around with handbells, crotales and contrabassoon. Hope you enjoy...

Pat-a-pan

Re: Pat-a-pan

Dargason,
    This is a well rendered and colorful rendition of this classic. Enjoyed it very much.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thumbs up Re: Pat-a-pan

Wonderful orchestration!

I find the harmony sometime a little bit too dissonant (somewhat loosing the road...), but the overal colour absorb it.

The use of percussions is extensive and well done.

Very nice job. Great work with both the orchestration and use of GPO in the recording.

brsmith
    www.brsmusic.net

Talking Re: Pat-a-pan

I love it! Put a big smile on my face! Kind of whimsical and almost...hmmm...menacing(?) at the same time, this would be perfect for a Christmas movie. Excellent!

Jim

Nice job! The colors were great and the variations left me "waiting for more." The feel of this tune evokes a great spirit to project.
    Gary Mosse

Very nice arrangement and what cool harmonies and counter melodies! I love the way you layered the carols together. Excellent work here! This year's CD is going to be fantastic.

Dargason,

Very cool arrangment and the interplay with other seasonal themes makes it ever more interesting. Great scoring for a wide range of instruments and the production of the final output as well. It's sure neat to have all of those nifty sounds in the GPO library to choose from!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

to me, this is what I imagine Christmas sounds like at Anatevka, you know,,,,Fiddler On The Roof, I love that movie!

You might say, everyone of us is a fiddler on the roof, trying to scratch out a pleasant simple tune, without breaking his neck. It isn't easy, you may ask, why do we stay up there if it's so dangerous? We stay because Anatevka is our home, and how do we keep our balance? I'll tell you........
    one word........

TRADITION!
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    This is great!

Thank you for contributing this for use on the 2006 3rd Annual Garritan Community Christmas CD.

Dan

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Ya know Dan, I was actually thinking of whipping this into a frienzied full-blown "hora" but I decided against it in the end.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast