• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Across the Stars - FireGS Returns

Share/Bookmark

Across the Stars - FireGS Returns

Hey all, It's been a while since I posted something, besides my Magnificent Seven cue, but this time I have a real gem of a song I wish to share. The first time I heard this song, I fell in love with it instantly, and knew that I'd have to do a mockup of it sooner or later. After 4 failed attempts, 6 Mixes, 74 tracks, 190+ combined hours, I give you Across The Stars, Love Theme from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

http://www.theleetness.org/studio/mu...Stars-mix1.mp3

For reference, I'll post my other failed attempt... wow.

http://www.theleetness.org/studio/mu...Stars-temp.mp3

Goes to show, never settle for less. Seriously.

~FireGS
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Across the Stars - FireGS Returns

Wow, Sam, a lot of work in this, and the rewards
    of it are more than evident: beautifully done!

I've always appreciated the excellent writing and
    orchestration in the original of this, and you've more
    than done it justice.

Bravo! on a considerable undertaking and a job
    well done.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

WOWSERS!

Sammy! You've done it yet again!

This was just SUCH a pleasure to listen to. Geez. I need to learn how to do my renders better. You and DPDAN need to teach master-classes!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us all!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Nice one, young man. Very impressive. Beautiful oboe work. Nice use of dynamics. I could go on and on.

Tell us which samples you used, please.

Keep up the fine work.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Tell us which samples you used, please.
    Strings: 100% GPO with Strad Layered
    Woods: 100% GPO
    Brass: A 50-50% mix of GPO and SAM
    Perc: GPO

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Sam, I don't understand how you can post such magnificent efforts, and still lead the life of an normal teenager.

When I fell into an amorous relationship with your cover of "Tears" last year (which I posted here, BTW, regaling yours talents to my peers, mind you), I was always thinking that this kid ought to get a life - he spends too much time making beautiful music.

Should I just shut up, and let you do your thing, or should I speak up, and make sure that you complete High- School, and at least some college before you release your talents on the world at large?

I'm directionless. <SIGH>

PS - BTW, the sound is slightly biased to the left - with 63.7% of amplitude going to the left channel.

Stevemitchell

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    Sam, I don't understand how you can post such magnificent efforts, and still lead the life of an normal teenager.

When I fell into an amorous relationship with your cover of "Tears" last year (which I posted here, BTW, regaling yours talents to my peers, mind you), I was always thinking that this kid ought to get a life - he spends too much time making beautiful music.

Should I just shut up, and let you do your thing, or should I speak up, and make sure that you complete High- School, and at least some college before you release your talents on the world at large?

I'm directionless. <SIGH>

PS - BTW, the sound is slightly biased to the left - with 63.7% of amplitude going to the left channel.

Stevemitchell
    Yeah, you know what? I notriced that too in the l;ast few hours and i dont know what happened. GRR. Theres always room for improvement. After work tonight, I shall make changes and repost em.

Also, I never lead the "normal" life of a teenager. I always did spend more time making music than being social, but oh well. I'm finally out of HS and in college.

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Sam,

Splendid production of this oh not so easy to produce music. Williams is one of the most difficult undertakings around. And the GPO really makes it shine.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Great work!

Would have taken me much longer than 190 hours!

Your original "Failed attempt" I thought was a nice rendition as well... !

An excellent achievement, Sam!

~Jeff

A moving mock-up, Sam. I can tell that you put allot of time into this one. Your efforts really show through.

I hate to pick such a wonderfull work apart, but the only thing I could give advice on is to let the oboe take a breath in it's begging solo phrases. The poor guy must be truning blue. HAHA.

Any hoot,
    I really enjoyed it.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast