• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 60 12341151 ... LastLast

Topic: An Update of Where We Are At:

Share/Bookmark

An Update of Where We Are At:

Many of you have been patient in waiting for new releases and updates and I thought I would let you know where we're at with various projects.

GPO, JABB and Stradivari Updates to MacIntel and Kontakt 2 Player...
    The K2 version with Universal Binary compatibility has been delayed and Native Instruments states that they now expect Mac Intel Compatibility November 2006. On their forum NI posted: "We realize that we scheduled this release for October, and while we do have an in-house version of 2.2 that is running quite well, a couple of important bugs cropped up at the last minute and we feel it is very important to make sure they are fixed before release to make sure they don't interfere with your work."

After all the bugs are fixed and it is released (sometime in the next few weeks, I believe) we plan to port to K2 both GPO and JABB. We can't proceed to that step until we have the working version in our hands. Once we have completed the port (shouldn't take too long - the preliminary work is already done) we will need to do some testing and then they will be released to our users. The Universal Binary version will be a free downloadable update to existing GPO and JABB and Stradivari 2.0 users.

[edit] As Robert points out, Finale 2007 compatibility with the Stradivari 2 (and Gofriller) is expected.
    Gofriller Cello, Marching Band and General MIDI...
    Likewise we are also waiting for the MacIntel compatible version If all goes well, we hope to have these available by the holidays. The finishing touches are being put on these libraries. Of course more player bugs, unexpected surprises or Murphy's Law can destroy these best laid plans.
    GPO Christmas Album 2006
    DP Dan is working very hard on this album and it's going to be fantastic. Last year's album was a huge success and this year's may be even better. Thanks to those who are contributing and sharing their music. We'll have some CD's pressed and send them out so you can enjoy the holidays with music from our forum friends.
    Pollata Viola, Amati Bass (solo string quartet), GOS2, The Authorized Steinway Piano ...
    These will hopefully be available early in the new year. Hopefully most, if not all, will be shown at NAMM. We may have some surprises at NAMM as well.
    GPO Advanced and the Super Secret Projects - early to mid 2007
    So that's the latest right now. Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer what I can.

Gary Garritan

Re: An Update of Where We Are At:

Thanks for the information!
    You are doing a great job!

Björn

NAMM ? - as a foreigner I don't know what this is.

Gofriller - is a cello and I've read a lot of messages about this instrument, but where can i find this one or is it a different library?

GOS - are Garritan strings, but where can I obtain those?

And ... I definitely want the Steinway!

Please enlighten me in those darks days......

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    NAMM ? - as a foreigner I don't know what this is.
    National Association of Music Merchants convention held in mid January of each year.

Gofriller - is a cello and I've read a lot of messages about this instrument, but where can i find this one or is it a different library?

GOS - are Garritan strings, but where can I obtain those?

And ... I definitely want the Steinway!
    You can't obtain any of these - not yet. That was the point of Gary's post - to let you know the progress of these pending/future projects and expected completion dates.

Tom

Gofriller? Not yet available? How is it then possible to see and listen to pieces written and mastered with/for Gofriller? Or is this only for those "chosen ones" to test it out?

Raymond

Solo string quartet!!!

Gary, what abot Real Spaces? Which category does it fit?

Thanks for this update, Gary, that is most appreciated!

I would like to take advantage of this to say that the work on Finale2007/Human Playack compatibility with the Stradivarius (and other upcoming solo strings) has been completed. Some demo will be posted soon. Along with many fixes and improvements, this will be part of the soon-to-be-released Finale 2007a free maintenance update!

Regarding Universal Binary, what can you tell us at this point as far as Ambience Reverb goes? I have hear mixed things about it

Best regards
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Gofriller? Not yet available? How is it then possible to see and listen to pieces written and mastered with/for Gofriller? Or is this only for those "chosen ones" to test it out?

Raymond
    The Gofriller is is testing now. We have a handful of beta testers to help us test and refine the instrument. We also posted earlier versions. The demos are posted for comment and analysis which also help us refine the instrument.

Gary Garritan

My wife let out a very resigned sigh as I read this post to her...

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Solo string quartet!!!

Gary, what abot Real Spaces? Which category does it fit?
    karvasika,

If we do our own multi-positional convolution engine we'll have to wait to develop for the newer quad cores or graphic cards. So it could be the last category.

If we opt for a lighter version for Altiverb or some of the other convolvers on the market, we could have a relatively quick time to market.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum