• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My First Orchestral Score

Share/Bookmark

My First Orchestral Score

Hello,

ok, i know i'm crazy, but as an amateur, i wanted to have some comments on my first orchestral Score did in 2003 for a very very small french canadian video game who had no success at all (i hope it's not because of me !).

thanks.
    http://www.didiermartini.com/Mp3/Sta...2003_final.mp3

Re: My First Orchestral Score

No, you definitely did very nice work, I thinks this defintiely works very well as a cue for a lot of ongoing action on the screen... This is a very nice piece.... it definitely sets the tone right away... So, the problem wasn't your music... Projects like video games don't succeed because of numerous factors, marketing, the game, distribution, financing, a lot of factors, least of all the music ... It's a tough sell..

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Prod
    Hello,

ok, i know i'm crazy, but as an amateur, i wanted to have some comments on my first orchestral Score did in 2003 for a very very small french canadian video game who had no success at all (i hope it's not because of me !).

thanks.
    http://www.didiermartini.com/Mp3/Sta...2003_final.mp3
    Works fine here...on my cheap Pc monitors.

...And I'm sure it wasn't your falt.

Good job!

that's a big powerful sound you've got there which kept me hooked (and i don't often listen to this kind of stuff). Like the others, I certainly don't think there's anything at all wrong with the music, quite the reverse! Interested what libraries you used?

I think that's pretty good. Heroic. Maybe a little 'corporate' to start with - but good. Well done.

Talking Re: My First Orchestral Score

Marty

Be reassured your music is ok. Keep going. But --- what have you done lately?

jamiha

Quote Originally Posted by dko22
    that's a big powerful sound you've got there which kept me hooked (and i don't often listen to this kind of stuff). Like the others, I certainly don't think there's anything at all wrong with the music, quite the reverse! Interested what libraries you used?
    i don't remember very well, but i think i used Dan Dean Library (brass ensemble, etc ..), Garritan string library, Free timpani from Project Sam,Symphony of Voices and VOTA.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiha
    Marty

Be reassured your music is ok. Keep going. But --- what have you done lately?

jamiha
    hi, what have i done lately ? nothing .. because of big hearing problems (tinnitus and hyperacusis), i don't compose anymore since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Prod
    hi, what have i done lately ? nothing .. because of big hearing problems (tinnitus and hyperacusis), i don't compose anymore since 2005.
    Sorry to here this Marty. Hope the doc can fix this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Sorry to here this Marty. Hope the doc can fix this soon.
    i suffer from that since 1995.didn't compose anything from 1995 to 2000 and from 2005 to now.
    doctors don't know how to fix that , unfortunatly.

Go Back to forum