• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Where are my keySwitches?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Where are my keySwitches?

When you play your keyboard, you can watch the corresponding keys on the virtual keyboard move. That should help you find the keyswitches and set up a transposition.

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Hey Mark,

I also have the pcr 30, and recieved my strad today. The evening was a lot of fun. Here's what I found out about this keyswitch thing:

Forget about blue keys!!
    If you transpose your keyboard (using the buttons by the joystick) down one octave, your second highest c ( it is also the second lowest) should be the keyswitch for the default poly/mono mode of playing. Most keys between this and the b above it act as keyswitches for the other articulations as laid out in the manual. However, the aforementioned c is actually, according to my calculations, c 2, where the documentation lists c1 as that first keyswitch. Just remeber that the b below the lowest playing note of the violin is the first keyswitch you find in descending order. C below that is your all important default.

Hope this helps,

Belbin
    Thanks for the try at helping, but I've tansposed up and down the keyboard, tried all sorts of port configurations, etc., long before posting here.

I built my own DAW, so I know it inside out. I know Kontakt, Abysnth, Battery, Intakt, Kompakt, EMU's Emulator-x and Jamstix, and they all work fine on my machine. I am an advanced user of Cubase, Samplitude Pro, and SONAR PE...and I still don't know what's going on.

I am going to give it another day, on and off to figure out. Then I am going to e-Bay.

Hey, these things happen...no hard feelings, just a surprise it happened from Garritan is all...and I am, of course, burned because of the no-refund, group-buy thing. Caveat Emptor...it happens.

Best,

Mark
    CloudStreetsMusic.com*Broadjam.com
    REAPER*SAMPLITUDE V9 Pro*SONAR 6.01 PE*GPO
    GPO STRAD*KONTAKT*ABSYNTH*STORMDRUM*JAMSTIX
    UAD-1*RME FIREFACE 800*API A2D*RODE K2/NT5s

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    When you play your keyboard, you can watch the corresponding keys on the virtual keyboard move. That should help you find the keyswitches and set up a transposition.
    LOL...of course...and we can also activate them from Piano roll view in most decent MIDI PRV views in DAW host apps...which is how I double-checked that the player, my controller, and, for example, Samplitude or SONAR were all in sync.

But thank you for the tip!

Best,

Mark

Belbin...

A quick question, if you don't mind...

Are you using USB, or direct with cables into your soundcard? I am on USB...I might try the cables instead...even though everything else works fine...hmmm...

I fixed it by assigning all the key switches to my L and B buttons, as well as redundancy for 1, 7 , and 11 controllers to left pots and right sliders, as well as to the mod wheel (which I de-springed for the vertical travel)...so now I have extreme right/left/foot flexibility.

I'm keeping it.

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jeraz
    Belbin...

A quick question, if you don't mind...

Are you using USB, or direct with cables into your soundcard? I am on USB...I might try the cables instead...even though everything else works fine...hmmm...
    USB....Sorry my suggestion didn't work.

Belbin

OK, sorry that I have been away from this discussion, but the holidays and all. My keyswitches are STILL not working. I have an M-Audio ProStation 88 and have no problem with any other Garritan, VSL, or any other keyswitches. The thing is stuck in spiccato and that is it. I have changed octaves etc. and nothing. I REALLY want to solve this problem and use the software.

Please help!!!!

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    The thing is stuck in spiccato and that is it. I have changed octaves etc. and nothing.
    Does it change anything, if you select MIDI channel "Omni"?

I finally did get it to change sounds, but it was not consistant and would only move to two different keyswitches and eventually it got stuck in downbow. Am I the only one having this problem?

Peace

rikp

edit: getting an expression pedal solved all my problems except for my keyboard not transmitting aftertouch (the keyboard's fault, not Strad's).

loyd
    Last edited by loydb; 04-28-2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: problem fixed

Go Back to forum