• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Where are my keySwitches?

Share/Bookmark

Where are my keySwitches?

I just upgraded to version 2 and when I load in Strad, I can't see any keyswitches in the keyboard. I have expanded the keyboard etc. Also when I get info from the left side, it tells me that version 1.08 is loaded. When I removed version 1.08, I still can't get my keyswitches to show in the Kontatk player keyboard. So, I can't change articulations etc. Did I miss a big something?

Peace

rikp

Re: Where are my keySwitches?

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    So, I can't change articulations etc. Did I miss a big something?
    You can change articulations, the KeySwitches are still there in the usual octave, they just don't show up as pink. You will have to find them by trial and error.

Not by trial and error, Nickie. Rather, by reading the manual, and taking as a reference what you read in the articulations window.

Perhaps you've noticed, "Sordino, Mono, Spiccato Attack, Bow Change"

Giorgio

Still a no go. There may be bigger issues at hand here:

When I go to the left hand side of Kontakt2 player there is no library showing under instruments. When I select the info button and choose my Garritan Strad folder, located on an external firewire drive. It will not allow me to choose Thye Stradivari Violin v.2.01 P.nki located in the instruments window. It is grayed out.

Even though I have removed version 1.08, in the library info window it is still showing up, but I have red xs on both boxes.

If I load the strad 2 via the load/save window at the top of Kontackt player 2, I can get it to load but no keyswitchs will work, I have tried every possible key.

Help!!

Peace

rikp

I also don't have any keyswitches that are working. I have tried all the corresponding keys and nothing has changed. It still sounds great, but it would be awesome to get those articulations working. Great library by the way
    www.energiestudios.com

I just received and installed as well, and no working and/or visible keyswitches. Also, I only get the front end of the attack on the samples, everything else is distant and not functioning properly. I'm very confused here - followed the manual to the letter.

I've tried reinstalling the library - and still get the same thing. Loaded in Kontatk 2, the same as well.

I'm suspecting an issue with the installation disk. Help!

pax

Some keyboards have differing octaves - some C3=middle C, some it is C4 or C5. Try it an octave up or down and see if that makes a difference.

Gary Garritan

Hi Gary

I wish it were that simple. I posted more details on another thread - though rikp's sounded similar. I can't do anymore until New Years anyway.

Have a great holiday!

pax

This is where you find the KeySwitches:

Quote Originally Posted by gpax
    Also, I only get the front end of the attack on the samples, everything else is distant and not functioning properly.
    You need to raise CC#11 (Expression; default is "0"). It controls volume/timbre.

Go Back to forum