• Register
  • Help

Topic: GarageBand - My SketchBook

Share/Bookmark

GarageBand - My SketchBook

Recently I had a few minutes to try out GarageBand in conjunction with the
    Symphony Orchestra Jam Pack (just 100 USD).
    To me this software is astonishing powerful and -what's more important- easy to use.

I can recommend this product to any beginners, but also as an uncomplicated sketch-book for professionals.I use it to draft my quick ideas on my iMac, when I'm to lazy to boot my complete studio.
    Here is a short example, a remix of 'The Endless Enigma' an old title of mine:

http://www.frank-luchs.com/01 The En...1994_2006).mp3

So please tell me, what do you think about GarageBand and the Symphony Orchestra ?

Best wishes,
    Frank Luchs

Re: GarageBand - My SketchBook

I use Garage Band in an educational setting, and after about three days, no matter which kid sat down and used the program (very talented with lots of background, to the rank beginner) all of the songs would sound the same.

It is definitely composing by numbers...1..2..3.. it as easy to learn as your A..B..C..D..E's.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    ... all of the songs would sound the same.
    I see - this might come from using the pre-built loops only. I don't use them.
    When you record midi-tracks the resulting songs should sound quite different.

I agree. For a free program, with a mac, it is a great tool! Don't use the loops, use the MIDI and audio end of the program! I use it in my classes to teach basic audio and sequencing concepts!

Peace

rikp

It sure look's like a good deal...to bad i don't have a mac...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Luchs
    I see - this might come from using the pre-built loops only. I don't use them.
    When you record midi-tracks the resulting songs should sound quite different.
    I see. I misunderstood. Makes sense now!!

Go Back to forum