• Register
  • Help

Topic: Render in K2?

Share/Bookmark

Render in K2?

This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to render in K2?

...that thing looks like it can do just about anything but i didn't see anything about this...

Thanks!

Re: Render in K2?

Not sure what you mean by "render" here...
    If you mean bounce or freeze tracks as a plug within your audio app, then yes - of course. If you mean "render" as often done in the ol' Gigastudio then no, it does not render (export) performances (using its samples) to *.wav (audio) files in stand alone mode (unless I am missing a page in my K2 manual) .

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Not sure what you mean by "render" here...

I wasn't sure myself ... but you cleared that out for me here.

If you mean "render" as often done in the ol' Gigastudio then no, it does not render (export) performances (using its samples) to *.wav (audio) files in stand alone mode
    So what are my options?...Use VSTi instead?...what about SPDIF out to my daw?..Probably note the best solution.

How do people do this anyway? I know there are people using K2 standalone on a second Pc...

I wonder if i could capture the output of K2 with chainer?..hmmm...

Anyone can help a tech stupid like me?

Thanks a lot for the quick response Brian.

Geronimo.

I use MoL to send midi data to my other box and send the audio back to my DAW via SPDIF. works fine! (Just make sure you "sync" your cards). Usually on your DAW, you'll want to sync your card to "external" so that your sample rates match exactly. Then set it back to "internal" when you shut down your other machine.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I use MoL to send midi data to my other box and send the audio back to my DAW via SPDIF. works fine! (Just make sure you "sync" your cards). Usually on your DAW, you'll want to sync your card to "external" so that your sample rates match exactly. Then set it back to "internal" when you shut down your other machine.
    Thank you body!

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to render in K2?

...that thing looks like it can do just about anything but i didn't see anything about this...

Thanks!
    Why can't use just render using your VST host, or are you not using one. I run Knotakt on my 1450 GHz. I Gig Ram computer and, once I had two hardrives with the Samples on one and the programs on the other, have had no performance problems except for when using convolution or really demanding scripts. I have been able to run 16 VSL instruments simultaneously. IF there is an occasional click or pop, it does not show on rendering anyway. If you don't have a VST host, there are free ones out there (though I don't know if they have rendering/bouncing or not since I use Cubase.

I run K2 Standalone and was hoping not to have to off load K2 and reload the whole thing has VSTi...It's a pretty bit templates..

But I'll built my templates in standalone and VSTi mode so i at least have a choice.. I'm not sure exactly which is best for me.. I'll see.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand most of what you guys have been talking about, but if you just want to record standalone K2's output to a wav file, I can do this with the Windows Sound Recorder. I do file > Audio/Midi setup > Soundcard > Output device > ASIO DirectX full duplex driver.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stephenjw
    I'm not sure I understand most of what you guys have been talking about,

Stephen
    LOL... probably my fault..

but if you just want to record standalone K2's output to a wav file, I can do this with the Windows Sound Recorder. I do file > Audio/Midi setup > Soundcard > Output device > ASIO DirectX full duplex driver.
    I seem to forget there's a player/recorder in there for some reason

Thanks for the tip!

Go Back to forum