• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI is fantastic

Share/Bookmark

GVI is fantastic

It is everything I was hoping for.
    Very, very stable so far.

A par'd down, stable, VST version of Gigastudio ... with stacking !!
    I will start buying versions of libraries again.

- Anyone figured out how to set the default folder for browsing for giga files ?
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Re: GVI is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    - Anyone figured out how to set the default folder for browsing for giga files ?
    I think that this is what you are asking about (it's, at least, the closest thing I could find):

If you launch GVI in standalone mode (i.e., with no Cubase, Nuendo or other DAW application open at the time), you'll see a "System" pull-down menu option that isn't available when GVI is launched from within a DAW app.

Click on "System" and then "Configuration," and then you'll see a box with a "Browse" button, with which you can select a "Root folder for instrument content."
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

I got GVI because of the posts I read about it, especially, before it came out, one person ( excuse me, I was stupid not tomake a note who it was) was practically salivating in anticipation saying that he should be able to load more samples, but also said that he can load samples with "embeded GigaPulse.
    Is this possible to do? How, pray tell? I have GS 3.12 Orchestra so I ahve Giga Pulse. Only a few samples which came with GVI has GP with them. Could someone elaborate a little on this?
    A second (stupid<I am sure) question is, when I am starting GVI as stand alone, with my set up, I can play my controller and hear all ok. Now, can I somehow use MIDI (I have Sonar 6) to use GVI as a sound module, otherwise, can I somehow compose in Sonar and hear, save what I make?

Sorry folks, I have admitted the stupidity (ignorance) of this question, please help.

I see Alanb that I am not very polite. From now on I will always include the following (following your good example)

GS Orchestra 3.12
    GVI
    Pentium 4, 3
    AP 2496
    Memory 2G

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    A second (stupid<I am sure) question is, when I am starting GVI as stand alone, with my set up, I can play my controller and hear all ok. Now, can I somehow use MIDI (I have Sonar 6) to use GVI as a sound module, otherwise, can I somehow compose in Sonar and hear, save what I make?

Sorry folks, I have admitted the stupidity (ignorance) of this question, please help.
    SONAR 6 will recognize GVI as a soft-synth. All you have to do is open SONAR, select Insert | Soft-Synth, pick GVI, and you're off.

I would also like to hear more about imbedding Gigapulse into instruments with Gigastudio 3.12, so they can be used in GVI.

Quote Originally Posted by vanceen
    SONAR 6 will recognize GVI as a soft-synth. All you have to do is open SONAR, select Insert | Soft-Synth, pick GVI, and you're off.

I would also like to hear more about imbedding Gigapulse into instruments with Gigastudio 3.12, so they can be used in GVI.
    Is anyone here familiar with VSL's new Vienna Instruments (VSTs)? I'd like to run them from the same machine that I currently use with Gigastudio and Sonar 6. Would it be a good idea for me to run Giga GVI instead of Giga 3.0 which I currently am? Sounds like I could just load all VIs as virtual instruments within GVI as well as older sample files. Am I right?

Mike

If I were using a number of Vienna VI libs, I'd probably match it up with GVI. There's not only less risk of incompatibility, but GS3's advantages aren't as important in a mixed scenario. For instance, you can't run VI into GS3's GigaPulse. You'd need GigaPulse VST or some other DAW-hosted ambience. Also, you're less likely to run tons of channels in GS3 while using VI. In that case you might as well run your additional sounds in GVI as a VST. You're just less likely to need a GS3 mega template.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro
    Sounds like I could just load all VIs as virtual instruments within GVI as well as older sample files. Am I right?

Mike
    I may be mis-understanding your question, but to be clear you cannot load Vienna INstruments into GVI or GS3. The Viennna Instruments have their own player.
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

would also like to hear more about imbedding Gigapulse into instruments with Gigastudio 3.12, so they can be used in GVI.
    11-05-2006 10:27 PM
    Hello Vanceen:

Take a look at the posting re PRF or DEF in GVI, I got a nice answer from Gamera, it may help you too.
    Cheers

Ted

Go Back to forum