• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Any Logic Users out there that can offer some help?

Share/Bookmark

Any Logic Users out there that can offer some help?

Hi - I recently sold my Logic Platinum 5.5 (the last PC version), and the MAC license has expired for the guy who purchased. I am trying to get in touch with someone to try and resolve this - I emailed Logic at support@emagic.de - 3x I got a computer generated email which is the same info as on their website - which says "If you have Logic version 5 or 6, please send your request via email to support@emagic.de."

Well, I did that already. Tried to get someone on the phone at Apple - sheesh...I thought Microsoft's support was bad - there's is God-awful! I tired calling international info for emagic's # (yes I know they are a part of Apple), but don't know the city in Germany they are in.

Any ideas on what I should do? What city they are in? Anyone have a phone #? I am tempted to let this guy try and fend for himself, but being that I am the way that I am, I feel some sort of responsibilty, and want to do the best i can to try and help.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Re: Any Logic Users out there that can offer some help?

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if this is a crossgrade issue...

Yeah - many probs with Apple. I call their customer care center - they don't even know who emagic is, nor have they ever heard of Logic. I get this from a few people. "Well, we are a big company..." One person I spoke with asked me if I had a laptop or desktop. I asked what that mattered, and was told that she needed to find out whether to transfer me to the laptop center, or the desktop center. I asked what difference that made, and was greeted with, "sir - I am trying to help you!" Another person at another department needed my MAC serial number to generate a ticket. I explained the situation again, that I didn't have a MAC and was told that he could not help me. Someone else told me that being that this was the PC version, they could not help me. I told them that it was both the PC and MAC version, and was greeted with, "but sir, you originally told me that you never installed the MAC version - are you now changing your story?" Someone else told me that they can't offer support - because this sw was released by emagic before it was owned by Apple. Someone else actually had the gall to tell me that if the sw was not working properly for the other guy, I should offer his money back.

Pathetic. If I was Steve Jobs, I would be fuming.

Cheers.

I see. Gotcha - thanks!

I have a whole different take on this, although, it is probably of little or no practical use.

Apple should quite simply honor the obligations of the company they acquired. They have a long history of making things proprietary and leaving people out in the lurch... and the ill will this (and many attempts to shut-out open development) generated, may be part of how they wound up with less than a 10% market share in the first place.
    So here's to open-source... and not supporting companies that leave the consumer (especially fellow musicians) holding the bag.
    And here's to Zune.

I had a similar thing happen when Sound Forge was sold out to Sony (BTW)... and had no problem making an upgrade.

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibrish
    I have a whole different take on this, although, it is probably of little or no practical use.

Apple should quite simply honor the obligations of the company they acquired. They have a long history of making things proprietary and leaving people out in the lurch... and the ill will this (and many attempts to shut-out open development) generated, may be part of how they wound up with less than a 10% market share in the first place.
    So here's to open-source... and not supporting companies that leave the consumer (especially fellow musicians) holding the bag.
    And here's to Zune.

I had a similar thing happen when Sound Forge was sold out to Sony (BTW)... and had no problem making an upgrade.

Best.
    There has to be a reasonable statute of limitations on that and IMHO it is LONG past the point where Apple has any obligation to Logic PC users. WAY before now they should have decided whether to stay with Logic development and move to the Mac, switch to another PC compatible DAW, or live with Logic PC for eternity.

It is not like this happened yesterday.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Well that's really nice you guys stand up for Apple. I just don't think the obligation ever wears out. They are using the benefit of the name and that comes with a price of continuing the good will. Whenever Emagic would have quit honoring Their product had they kept going I suppose would be the natural end of it. But whatever the case... I'd say let Apple stick up for Apple and musicians stick up for musicians... would be my leaning.
    It's not a legal question. It's a question of good will... and good business practices.

Best.

Here is the international logic-user group:
    http://logic-users.org

Here is a very active german logic forum with guys who know everything about logic.
    I'm sure they will anser in english when you ask there:
    http://www.logicuser.de/forum/index.php

Here is Emagic in Rellingen Germany, but I don't think they are still active:
    http://web2.cylex.de/firma-home/emag...h-2098302.html

Here are the guys who know everything about logic.
    Its a team of former logic-support guys.
    They opened a comercial tel. hotline. They charge 1€/min. thats about 1.30$/min.
    But I think it only works from german telefon line.
    If you want, I can ask them you to help you.
    http://www.logicuser.de/index.php?op...d=291&Itemid=2

hope that helps

concerning opcode:
    I still use studio-vision 4.2 (since1993) and never needed any support. Its just running ;-)

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    It is not like this happened yesterday.
    Wait a minute . . . you mean Logic on PC isn't supported anymore? No wonder I haven't been able to get any updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibrish
    Well that's really nice you guys stand up for Apple. I just don't think the obligation ever wears out. They are using the benefit of the name and that comes with a price of continuing the good will. Whenever Emagic would have quit honoring Their product had they kept going I suppose would be the natural end of it. But whatever the case... I'd say let Apple stick up for Apple and musicians stick up for musicians... would be my leaning.
    It's not a legal question. It's a question of good will... and good business practices.

Best.
    Well then, good luck getting parts for your Ford Pinto
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    Well then, good luck getting parts for your Ford Pinto
    Unless GM bought the rights to the Pinto and started selling them... I don't get it.
    Logic PC is still a viable product that has not outlived it's expected time of use as far as I can tell... and, the people who bought it had every reason to believe that there would be a path to upgrade... when they were ready to do so.

Best.

Go Back to forum