• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO second edition?

Share/Bookmark

GPO second edition?

Can someone tell me the diff. between the original GPO and GPO "second edition"? Can an old user update from GPO to the 2nd edition for free?

Thanx!

Alan
    Alan Belkin, composer
    Professor of Composition
    University of Montreal

http://www.musique.umontreal.ca/pers...n/e.index.html (links to examples of my music, as well as my online textbooks)

Re: GPO second edition?

If you are talking about GPOA, I haven't been here long enough to tell. Ask NMB (if he still stalks here) about GPOA and you'll get an answer.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I am talking about the new box for GPO which says "second edition" on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    If you are talking about GPOA, I haven't been here long enough to tell. Ask NMB (if he still stalks here) about GPOA and you'll get an answer.
    Alan Belkin, composer
    Professor of Composition
    University of Montreal

http://www.musique.umontreal.ca/pers...n/e.index.html (links to examples of my music, as well as my online textbooks)

Alan, I think that what we have is "GPO second edition".
    GPO Advanced is a different animal.

the "second edition" is sort of like Finale 2006a rather than Finale 2006.

Alan,

The first edition was released several years ago and consisted of 4 CDs and the old player. The 2nd edition had many enhancements over the original, including an updated player, new programming and came in DVD form. Although it no longer included Overture SE and Cubasis (being discontinued), the retail price was also reduced to $199. We will soon have a newer version with the Kontakt 2 Player and MAcIntel compatibility.

Gary Garritan

Thanks, Gary! Is the newer version GPO Advanced or is that something else again?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Alan,

The first edition was released several years ago and consisted of 4 CDs and the old player. The 2nd edition had many enhancements over the original, including an updated player, new programming and came in DVD form. Although it no longer inclused Overture SE and Cubasis (being discontinued), the retail price was also reduced to $199. We will soon have a newer version with the Kontakt 2 Player and MAcIntel compatibility.

Gary Garritan
    Alan Belkin, composer
    Professor of Composition
    University of Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    Thanks, Gary! Is the newer version GPO Advanced or is that something else again?
    Something else.

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Something else.
    That's right tfishbein82. it will be a newer version of GPO. The Advanced version will be something else entirely.

Gary Garritan

Gary, what is GPO Advanced? What does it do, and how does it differ from GPO 2nd edition. When is the target date for GOP next edition? GPO 2nd eidition is played through Kontakt 1 if I am correct? I have the full GPO and Finale 2007 and there are compatibility issues because of the Kontakt 2 player. I solved the low memory issue in the Ambience dialog box by lowering the Quality/CPU to less than 40%. Now it works as it should, but will not play properly when one uses the "Play Finale file through Native Instruments VST" feature. I look forward to the up-grade and I'll start stashing my coins for its release. Thank you again Gary for what you have given us.

Can an old user update from GPO to the 2nd edition for free?
    Gary,

Is the answer to this yes or no?

If yes, can the old GPO (and/or the 2nd edition) be updated to the new "3rd" edition that you'll be releasing?

Thanks!

Fox

Go Back to forum