• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The 'Italian Grand' has landed

Share/Bookmark

The 'Italian Grand' has landed

http://www.ilio.com/synthogy/ig/index.html

A whopping 19GB for a Fa... erm well an Italian grand. I can't help thinking YUMMIE!

Re: The 'Italian Grand' has landed

No audio demo yet.

Audio demo's now available.

http://www.synthogy.com/pages/audio.html

I dunno.... I've been waiting for a real advance on existing piano samples and, like everything else that's come out in the last couple of years, this instrument sounds very, very far from "real."

JG
    http://webjay.org/by/exposedfifths/w...johnlewisgrant

Not impressed by these demos thus far.

I own Ivory but don't think I would shell out the extra dough for this add-on unless I hear some impressive MP3's.

They have three demos up right now. It would be great if they had some varying styles on their site as well (Pop, Jazz, Rock, Blues etc...).

Leaves a gaping hole (to make a decision) without at least one or two of these styles.

I find myself always going back to the PMI Bosendorfer 290 that I got on sale at EastWest a couple years ago. It has so many variations on sounds with all those filters built in that I never run out of possibilities.
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

I think the sound is better than the sound from the other 3 pianos from "Ivory". Especially the dynamic range is wider.

You are right, the sound is not very realistic! It is not very clear, too voluminous, and has no good attack. The Grand 2 and the pianos from "Sampletekk" are more realistic.

But the is one advantage: it is the first sampled Fazioli F308! WOW! This grand piano is so amazing!!

Endorf

Quote Originally Posted by Endorf

But the is one advantage: it is the first sampled Fazioli F308! WOW! This grand piano is so amazing!!

Endorf
    I don't think that's entirely correct: if I'm not mistaken, the Roland SRX-02 Concert Piano expansion board is also a Fazioli. The more recent addition to the SRX-family is a Steinway.

Interesting to note that Roland nor Synthogy dare to mention the Fazioli name (Scarbee, anyone?) although Synthogy did mention Fazioli in an earlier press release.

I think Scarbee could have said on the package Sampled from [INSERT] with a prominent disclaimer that the sampling is not a product of [INSERT] and this does no constitue an endorsement by [INSERT] of the sample library.

I think the proper analogy (in the US, at least) is how generic drug/vitamin manufacturers can state "Compare to" an active ingredient from [INSERT NON-GENERIC MANUFACTURER like Centrum].

As far as I know, the sample manufacturer are permitted to sample these instruments and (truthfully) inform purchasers what was sampled, as long as they do not trade on the instrument-maker's trademark. If the potential buyers know the sample library was not created or endorsed by, for example, Fazioli, there should not be a problem, IMHO.

But, then again, I don't practice in the intellectual property field.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Endorf
    I think the sound is better than the sound from the other 3 pianos from "Ivory". Especially the dynamic range is wider.

You are right, the sound is not very realistic! It is not very clear, too voluminous, and has no good attack. The Grand 2 and the pianos from "Sampletekk" are more realistic.

Endorf
    I have to agree. I think TBO from Sampletekk at $99 (sale price) sounds better IMO.

Go Back to forum