• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to move GS3 from old daw to new?

Share/Bookmark

How to move GS3 from old daw to new?

Hello everyone.I am building a new dualcore machine and I have a few questions.Can I keep it in my old daw and also install it to my new daw?Does Tascam allow that without purchasing extra licence?If there is only one install possible,what is the best way to install it to my new daw?What I mean, is some of the registration numbers or keys tied to the daw that you,ve installed it in first place.I have backed up my licence for my old daw.Could I use that information to register for my new daw?Can I just install it in my new daw or is GS3 still tied to my old daw?I hope this makes sence,my english is far from perfect.

Many many thanks in advance

Markku

Re: How to move GS3 from old daw to new?

Hi Markku,

The license is only for a single PC. You could upgrade to GVI and put that on one machine and GS3 on the other.

Thanks Jon for your answer.I really dont mind uninstalling GS3 from my old daw.How does one change a licence from old pc to new?I have tried to find some answers from Tascam-giga site with no luck.I have decided to do fresh install of everything for my new daw and I have quite a lot of installing and re-registering of different softwares(spectrasonics stuff,dfhs,qlso gold etc)That is why I am still "nagging" about GS3,since for every other software I have found answers about re-registering and moving licences to a new daw.

Thanks

Markku

I don't think Giga has a process for unregistering from the previous PC. You just install it on the new one and request a new registration, then uninstall the old one to play by the rules.

GVI comes with a dongle. The upside is that you can move GVI to whatever machine you want, whenever you want, without the need to re-register.

Quote Originally Posted by mkanerva
    Thanks Jon for your answer.I really dont mind uninstalling GS3 from my old daw.How does one change a licence from old pc to new?I have tried to find some answers from Tascam-giga site with no luck.I have decided to do fresh install of everything for my new daw and I have quite a lot of installing and re-registering of different softwares(spectrasonics stuff,dfhs,qlso gold etc)That is why I am still "nagging" about GS3,since for every other software I have found answers about re-registering and moving licences to a new daw.

Thanks

Markku
    Let us know how this goes. I didn't have any problems since I used the same hard drives from the old system. I had to register again but the authorization didn't treat it like it was a totally different system.

It may be best to call Tascam.

Hmm..I might choose GVI option afterall. I allready have syncrosoft key for cubase and I think I could move GVI licence to my previous key,is this correct?I am thinking also keeping my GS3 in my old daw and study fx-teleport option.My new daw is going to be win xp home oem.Was there some limitations in xp home regarding fx-teleport?.Do I need xp pro?Any other good options linking my old daw to new?

Many thanks

Markku

Quote Originally Posted by mkanerva
    Hmm..I might choose GVI option afterall. I allready have syncrosoft key for cubase and I think I could move GVI licence to my previous key,is this correct?
    Yes, it is.

The only (tiny) difficulty for me was having to install the Syncrosoft Licence Control Center program on a computer other than my Giga computer, since my Giga computer has no Internet access.

Once I did that, I was able to use Syncrosoft Licence Control Center to transfer my GVI license from the dongle that came with GVI to my old dongle, which has my Cubase license on it. The actual license transfer took just a few seconds...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum