• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: (My film) 9/TENTHS theatrical trailer released...

Share/Bookmark

Smile OT: (My film) 9/TENTHS theatrical trailer released...

Well, the new theatrical trailer for the feature film I scored 9/TENTHS has been released. It is hot off the press...as the billing block has not even been added to the end of the trailer yet...which will of course be added before it plays in theatres. This is only available now online at the distributor's site. I just thought I would share it with you all. 9/TENTHS will be distributed theatrically by the new Independant film distributor Spotlight Pictures.

The trailer can be found here.

Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: OT: (My film) 9/TENTHS theatrical trailer released...

Brain,

Congratulations! Do you have any indication for how many theaters the preview will be distributed to?

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

A huge congratulations!

The film looks cool... a bit on the brutal side perhaps, but then this is 2006!

Good luck with distribution...

Bill
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Thumbs up Re: OT: (My film) 9/TENTHS theatrical trailer released...

Nice work - congrats. I have some issues with the scene sequencing, but the music doesn't miss a beat.

If it matters to you - consider centering the dialog - bits and pieces pop to the left speaker.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Looks pretty cool. Congrats on the commission.

Eric

Hey guys...thanks for taking the time to check it all out and for the well wishes. I am greatly looking forward to this film's release as I scored it quite a while ago. There are score excerpts on my website if anyone wants to in fact hear snippets of some of my score.

Unfortunately, I had nothing to do with this trailer. That is the marketing dept. who hired a trailer house to make it. The music in the trailer is not mine (as you can probably tell...they used J. Newton Howard's WATERWORLD). I think it works well though. We creative folks (including the director) usually have no control really on how a film gets marketed and how those elements are created. And this would be the case here too.

But like I mentioned before...this is hot off the press and only exists on the Spotlight Pictures website right now, so I am sure that the dialogue panning issues will be addressed before it plays in theatres. Heck...the billing block is not even added at the end yet. I am sure they tried to get the trailer house guys to get this up quickly in time for the AFM screening next week.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Brain,

Congratulations! Do you have any indication for how many theaters the preview will be distributed to?

Wes
    I don't know specifics yet...but when I do, I will let you know Wes.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Cool Re: OT: (My film) 9/TENTHS theatrical trailer released...

HA! Can you tell that I've never seen Waterworld?

Well cool - hope it goes well.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Houston- You should see it. It's funnnn. Way over maligned--just have to stop and smell the popcorn....

First of all congrats!

It is amazing to be scoring a full feature film! Not an indie one. And the directio nof the trailer and only shows!

I know that the trailer music is not yours, but your website, made up for that

Great!

Great stuff!

Plus you are here, talking to us, not an approachable composer, locked somewhere in the depths of LA... As Isaid: GREAT!

Go Back to forum