• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wasada 3d (final mvt)

Share/Bookmark

Wasada 3d (final mvt)

Well, since my string quartet has encountered a roadblock, I wrote this instead. The quartet will have to wait for a few days more, as I have a nocturne moving along smoothly.

Wasada (3d mvt)
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=94075

As usual, there is an mp3, with GPO Steinway, for a good listen.

The link will take you to my Sibelius score. To listen to the mp3, there is a blue play mp3 button. If you don't want to view the score, that's all you need.

To view the score, you will need the free Scorch plug-in, and instructions are there for you.

Richard

Re: Wasada 3d (final mvt)

Interesting piece of music, as usual. I feel this is more static than other Rechard's opus. Like looking at a rotating sculpture...
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

I like Jun's analogy: "Like looking at a rotating
    scuplture".

I hadn't thought of it quite like that before; but
    there is that sense to many of your pieces,
    Richard -- of listening to an idea rotate before
    your ears...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Richard,

I really like the driving/hypnotic quality here - it is very coherent, and the language quite persuasive. One thing - your Tempo Primos don't get you back to the orignal metronome setting - do you have a hidden metronome mark in the score? If not, the Tempo Primo won't have any effect. I'm referring to the Scorch version of the playback.

Thanks for posting this - really enjoyed it!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Richard,

I really like the driving/hypnotic quality here - it is very coherent, and the language quite persuasive. One thing - your Tempo Primos don't get you back to the orignal metronome setting - do you have a hidden metronome mark in the score? If not, the Tempo Primo won't have any effect. I'm referring to the Scorch version of the playback.

Thanks for posting this - really enjoyed it!

Ron
    Well, glad you enjoyed it. I fixed the tempo problem, and will upload a new score later tonight. Actually, the Scorch file makes me shudder!

Jun and David, I am astounded at your comments! Much of my music is written with almost exactly that in mind as I write! I frequently consider how to "view" it from a different perspective, but I have never mentioned this to anyone. I am quite amazed (and pleased) to have been found out.

Richard

Go Back to forum