• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Garritan 3rd Annual Christmas CD: Extention needed???

Share/Bookmark

Red face The Garritan 3rd Annual Christmas CD: Extention needed???

Wow! It's October 23rd and I haven't mailed Dan my entry for the 2006 Garritan Christmas CD yet!!!

Actually, I was going to mail Dan my entry a few weeks ago. I was going to tweek the composition for a better mix-down before mailing it to him. Unfortunately, the external hard disk drive which "housed" the ENTIRE project from beginning to finish (sequencing to mixdown) stopped working!!!

ACK!!!

I know. It sounds too much like, "My dog ate my homework"! But it's true I tell you!!! LOL!

Actually, that HD drive housed several other projects including 5 entire original compositions (from beginning to end). Lots and lots of hours of work lost. I sent the Western Digital drive to a computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the drive was far too fried for them to recover the information on it. The ONLY way I might be able to recover the information is if I am willing to spend about $3,000.00 or so dollars for some fancy-shmancy technology done by people wearing sterile suits in some far off "super clean" workshop.

Well, needless to say, I think I'll re-sequence the music over the next few months and save the $3,000+ dollars!

Anyway. . . .

I PM'd Dan and asked if it was too late to mail him my entry. With it being only 2 months away from Christmas, I figured that it was too late and figured that my entry could be used for next year's Holiday CD.

To my surprise, Dan said that it was NOT too late! In fact, he shared that only about 2 or 3 people, so far, have mailed him their entries. Dan also shared that he would be willing to extend the dead-line for everyone to send him their entries for this year's Garritan Christmas CD.

So. . .

My question is this: Is an extension needed??

From here, I will let Dan answer to just how long the dead-line for music entries can reasonably be extended. However I just want to add that I think that it is very cool, kind-spirited and generous of Dan to offer such an extension! Thank you, Dan!!

So I want to wish to everyone interested, "Happy Composing and Happy Sequencing" as you create your entries for the happy 2006 Garritan Christmas CD!

I also wish to everyone to have the fore-sight to BACK UP their important projects and not experience the frustration of losing important works from a failed hard disk drive like this silly, silly person experienced.

Warm regards to all. . .

Ted

P. S. By the way. That hard disk drive containing my entry did get fried. But the dog NEVER ate my homework! LOL!

Peace!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: The Garritan 3rd Annual Christmas CD: Extention needed???

Hi Ted, thank you for this post.

The decision to offer an extension beyond October 31st is up to Gary.

Gary does need the finished product in enough time for replicating and distribution to folks before Christmas.

Thank you Ted.
    Dan

If there's an extension, I just may make it!!!!!!!!!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Yikes! I let myself get distracted by other things, and the deadline snuck up on me!

Luckily it's almost done, so I'll try to put the finishing touches on it tonight and get it in the mail tomorrow.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    . . . The decision to offer an extension beyond October 31st is up to Gary.

Gary does need the finished product in enough time for replicating and distribution to folks before Christmas. . . .
    Thank you for the clarification, Dan.

Mr. Gary. Can an extension be provided??

I can appreciate the time and effort involved for replicating and distributing the CD's before Christmas. I wish not to complicate matters, especially for such a generously offered project as this. Maybe the October 31st deadline should be honored. Mr. Gary, you know what's best for this project. Again, thank you, Gary, and thanks to all of those wonderful people who help produce this Christmas CD.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Gary has graciously extended the deadline from October 31st to Tuesday November 7th. The songs need to be received by that date.
    You can upload the .wav file if you don't have time to mail a CD.
    PM me for address information.

Dan

Thanks Mr. G and Dan!!

*sigh* whew! I'm a bit ashamed to benefit from an extension when I knew the deadline was coming for so long... *slap* myself... but the extension is greatly appreciated, and my piece will surely be submitted by that date. Thanks!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

gotta' work fast!!!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Thumbs up Re: The Garritan 3rd Annual Christmas CD: Extention needed???

Been listening to some of the submissions. Going to be an awesome Christmas CD again this year!
    Thanks on behalf of the Walt Winery’s Famous Parking Lot National Two Time Golden Wastepaper Basketball All Star Marching Band, thank you for the extension. Then again, if I needed an extension I would ...... never mind.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum