• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: SyQuEsT Wins the iPod - There are 1,078 GPO Demos

Share/Bookmark

SyQuEsT Wins the iPod - There are 1,078 GPO Demos

SyQuEsT Wins the iPod - There are 1,078 GPO Demos

And, what you've all been waiting for -- the winner of the Guess the Demo Contest is SyQuEsT. SyQuEsT guessed 1,024 songs which was the closest to the correct number of GPO demos on the Garritan site - which is 1,078 demos. A few of you were fairly close.

You can see and hear the demos at http://www.garritan.com/audio/ (There is a handy sortable table to click by Composer, Title, Artist, Genre, etc.)

While perusing the many demos, what impressed me most was the absolutely astonishing amount of great music being created by the GPO community. The Garritan Forum boasts perhaps one of the largest community of contemporary composers, using GPO to create often breathtakingly innovative and groundbreaking modern music -- with more new, exciting music posted by these talented individuals every single day.

From Award Winning composers to hobbyists, to students, to performers; people who work in notation and those who use sequencers; from newcomers to educators to retired musicians -- this wonderful community is daily building an incredible body of music unlike any other in the world. Many of these demos have been featured in albums, television shows, local theatre, recitals, dance performances, films, gala events, museums, games, advertisements, videos, school projects... and every minute of it is real music by real musicians!

Some of these works are collaborative projects among members. Some are from contests, like the GPO Orchestration Competition or the 4th of July or Halloween Demo contest. Some are from the annual Christmas CD album that our users put together every year (and was menioned by the New York Times last year). From undiscovered works by the masters to original work by new composers, the music created with GPO spans every style and era of music history. Garibolt is realizing unheard Beethoven works while Jonathon Orwig and roz are bringing never-before-heard works of obscure and neglected composers to a whole new audience, and Adam revivied many of the forgotten turn-of-the-century works. The Radio Station has also exposed our users to a wide listening audience.

And many people are listening -- with members of our community getting work, benefit, recognition, and publication as a result. Francesco got to score a Harry Potter project based on his GPO demos, Roberto's music was picked up for a film, Joaz went on to publication; still another member got a job doing music for a campaign; a greeting card company has licensed over a dozen works from these demos; and even a leading ballet company has commisioned some of the works. Based on some of these demos, some were admitted to colleges and conservatories, as well. The list goes on and on.

No other orchestral library has such a large and stunning library of demos; and we are proud to post this real music created by real users. Note that these demos are not professionally produced in order to make a more favorable impression -- such examples would be misleading. Instead, we thought it honest to show the Personal Orchestra in real world use. What you hear is what you get... straight from users from around the world and posted in the Garritan Forum.

Many thanks to these fine composers and musicians for sharing their work with us. This amazing amount of music would not have been possible without their talent, skill and creativity.

I urge you all to go over to http://www.garritan.com/audio/ and listen to many of these fabulous works (there's an easy sortable table to get through them all sort by Composer, Title, Artist, Genre, etc.).

Congratulations SyQuEsT -- and to our many, many contributors who daily win us over with their music.

Gary Garritan

Re: SyQuEsT Wins the iPod - There are 1,078 GPO Demos

WOW !!! and you know what ? it's my birthday !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    WOW !!! and did you know ? it's my birthday !!!
    Double bonus H-bay chief.
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

How I've choose 1024 songs ? 1 gig = 1024 megabites

Only the luck

Wow
    (sorry but i'm very happy )

Thumbs up Re: SyQuEsT Wins the iPod - There are 1,078 GPO Demos

Oh, I missed this! Am I late?

OK, I guess that there are 1,078 demos.

I'll be waiting for my pod at the post office - thanks!

Happy Birthday SyQuest!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    How I've choose 1024 songs ? 1 gig = 1024 megabites

Only the luck

Wow
    (sorry but i'm very happy )
    Well, you should be happy! Congratulations.

Also congratulations to Larry Alexander for the greatest number of demos, by a wide margin, and to to me, l think, for the second largest number.

Richard

Wow, that's a lot of demos!

Congrats, SyQuEsT!

Click on the very last one, SEA (Jamie Crist) Come Back To Me(Jazz Piano), it's beautiful!!

Congratulations! Now fill that thingie to the brim with GPO demos!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Thanks Gary to have put my demo there... soon you will have to add more!!!

I am preparing some....

Congrats Syn.!!!!

Roberto

Go Back to forum