• Register
  • Help

Topic: selecting ports with same channel

Share/Bookmark

selecting ports with same channel

Hello there

I'm sure this question has been asked here but I didn't really find something.

What I want to do is put sustained violins in Port 1 ch1, staccato in Port 2 ch1 etc, and be able to use one track in Logic to control all that. A track simply called "violins".
    So I would need a midi controller defined to switch between the ports and I would still have the dimension keys and crossfade stuff of each single program.
    I remember I heared somebody say it is possible in GS3, but all I found is the possibility to stack these sounds which is not what I want.
    I could go and continue with the Logic environment i built to do such things in GS2, but it is a bit complicated.

So maybe someone could please tell me that I missed something in the manual and in the discussions?

Thanks -

Ulrich
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Re: selecting ports with same channel

You have to stack them first, then define a keyswitch for the stacked instruments as I described in post 7 here:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48601

- G

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera
    You have to stack them first, then define a keyswitch ...- G
    wow thank you 1000 times. in contrast to the original thread that really hit the nail in my case

Did everybody but me know of this? Since I had already been searching so long, I got back to the manual (under "help" menu) and tried to find: "stack properties" "stack" and so on, but no clue to that feature appeared. Do I have an old manual version maybe - it would be nice if someone would check.

Everything will be much better now -

best wishes

uli
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Uli,

The new stack features like stacked instrument keyswitching cam with v. 3.1 I believe. So your manual will not cover it.

Belbin

Go Back to forum