• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Real Guitar 2 or 2L?

Share/Bookmark

Real Guitar 2 or 2L?

Do I need the midi chord pattern manager? Without it, can I create my on chords? Is it woreththe extra $80?

Re: Real Guitar 2 or 2L?

Absolutely. Right hand plays the chord on keyboard/ Left hand plays C&D(alternating) for upstroke/ downstroke- Plus C# & D# are mute/harmonics switches. So all combined makes a pretty convvincing sound for the most part. Record all into midi sequencer Also has mode for automatic chord. Play c and cmajor chord voiced like a guitar sounds. Thats just the surface.

Hi artsoundz

So are you saying absolutely I should get 2L or absolutely I can create my own strumming patterns and therefore dont need 2L?

I have the full version, and I think using a pattern is interesting especially when you start using the program.

yeah, I do as well. Just don't use it for no other reason than I just haven't explored it. I'm sure it's worth it and works well. I'm just sayin it isn't crucial to get strumming stuff going.

i didn't get the midi patterns and I don't miss them (but I guess you could argue I don't know what I'm missing).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz
    . I'm sure it's worth it and works well. I'm just sayin it isn't crucial to get strumming stuff going.

SO I could create and save strumming patterns WITHOUT using the 2L strumming manager. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by kstevege
    SO I could create and save strumming patterns WITHOUT using the 2L strumming manager. Correct?
    That is correct. Creating strumming patterns with RG is dead easy (after a short learning curve). I have the full version as well but I must admit that I never used the patterns in a song (just to get some inspirations or to try some of the sounds). If money doesn´t count, you may get the full version. On the other hand you may invite your wife (girlfriend) to dinner which will make here appreciate your next buy even more

regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    That is correct. Creating strumming patterns with RG is dead easy (after a short learning curve). I have the full version as well but I must admit that I never used the patterns in a song (just to get some inspirations or to try some of the sounds). If money doesn´t count, you may get the full version. On the other hand you may invite your wife (girlfriend) to dinner which will make here appreciate your next buy even more

regards
    Raindog
    Thanks Raindog

My final question! Am I able to upgrade from Real Guitar 2 to 2L in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    That is correct. Creating strumming patterns with RG is dead easy (after a short learning curve). I have the full version as well but I must admit that I never used the patterns in a song (just to get some inspirations or to try some of the sounds).
    But aren't you a real guitarist? If so, I think a guitarist would have less tendency to use the guitar patterns.

Go Back to forum