• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dual soundcards? Gigastudio and Daw.. Question!

Share/Bookmark

Dual soundcards? Gigastudio and Daw.. Question!

Aye, i'm currently running an Edirol UA-25 into my Daw which does everything i need it to, good inputs and is handy for quick access to volume control.

The problem is...

No GSIF.

I use Giga3 Ensemble via rewire at the moment but i'd like to have full functionality opened up for when i want to free up resources.

My question is this.

Is it possible to have 2 soundcards installed. The UA-25 and an Audiophile 2496 without conflicts?

Have my Daw accept and use the UA25 but GS3 use the audiophile or is this more trouble than it's worth?

Cheers

Re: Dual soundcards? Gigastudio and Daw.. Question!

It's very possible. It is more confusing than having one card though there should be no conflicts between the cards. You'll need to run the outs of both into an external mixer probably.

Re: Dual soundcards? Gigastudio and Daw.. Question!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinMajesty§
    My question is this.

Is it possible to have 2 soundcards installed. The UA-25 and an Audiophile 2496 without conflicts?

Have my Daw accept and use the UA25 but GS3 use the audiophile or is this more trouble than it's worth?

Cheers
    I run an Echo Mia and AP2496. No problems.

If you don't like the idea of 2 cards then get the Giga VST Adapter from FX-Max. You'll get more outs than Rewire.

Go Back to forum