• Register
  • Help

Topic: Synth Pads

Share/Bookmark

Synth Pads

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum although I have been on this site many times. Iwas wondering if anyone has used EW Morphology? I'm looking for pad type sounds that would work well behind interesting percussion and general pop or orchestral pieces. I know this is covering a lot of genres, I have K2 which is mainly loaded with Orch. samples and percussion.

Thankyou,

D'Arranger

Re: Synth Pads

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arranger
    I'm looking for pad type sounds that would work well behind interesting percussion and general pop or orchestral pieces.
    I do not know morphology, but I can recommend you to have a look at Spectrasonics Atmosphere. It's a very good softsynth for pads.
    Pierre Laroche

Crystal Synth is a free VSTi that is very good in that field, very versatile, and was developed by the same guy that make the programming at spectrasonics. You can give it a try.
    Marcelo Colina

Atmosphere is an oustanding pad synth, however, not all sounds are musical, but more interesting and sometimes don't work with tonal stuff. but the sound quality is top notch, lots of evolving pads and such.
    www.energiestudios.com

Thanks Everyone,

The Atmosphere by Spectrasonics looks like the one. I did download the Crystal but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again,

D'Arranger

Also take a look at Sophistry. It's gotten some great reviews. There's also Angelina as well, but that one's really mellow and airy.

Go Back to forum