• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL VI sax demo - Debussy's Rhapsodie

Share/Bookmark

VSL VI sax demo - Debussy's Rhapsodie

Here is an excerpt from Debussy's Rhapsodie for Orchestra and Alto Saxophone featuring the new alto sax from VSL's VI Saxophone package.

In this piece I was going for a more classical sound to sax -- emphasizing the woodwind qualities of the instrument.

All comments are welcome.

Best,
    Jay

http://www.vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=13&DemoId=4932

Re: VSL VI sax demo - Debussy's Rhapsodie

Had I heard this anywhere but here, I would'nt have guessed it was sampled. Very beautiful. Very round,organic tone to the sax. Thanks.

WOW WOW WOW!! I'm a classical saxophone/media composition major at CSUN, and after I heard the first sax line, I was BLOWN AWAY!! This sounds EXTREAMLY real AND MUSICAL. Had I not known this was VSL playing, I too would have thought this was someones performance. AMAZING!!

Now I have to ask, how much of this demo is the "standard library" vs the "extended library" because I may have to buy this one! Was it difficult to program? What reverb did you use? Was the rest of the orchestra VSL VI too? Did you have to realize the orchestra seperate from the Sax due to system requirements?

I've never been happy with any saxophone samples I've heard until now. Bravo VSL and Jay! WOW!!!

BTW, is there a way to play the demo without the VSL player? I'd love to send a link to my teacher and see if he can tell its sampled.

you have a direct mp3 link on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    you have a direct mp3 link on the page.
    That link is to the VSL page, which anyone who knows orchestral samples knows VSL is a developer. I was hoping for a direct link to the mp3, which could be streamed in itunes, etc, and not from the VSL homepage. Even if Jay had it on his own page perhaps, that way VSL is not directly mentioned, and thus the demo may pass as a performer.

Its not that big of a deal though!

why can't you save the mp3 (right click, save as) and take it to your professor with an ipod (which I hate), or any other mp3 player? even burn it on disc?

Jay: This is once again marvelous! I am utterly impressed by VSL and of corse by you! Indeed can you tell us a little more about the production? Reverb and so on... I would be interested to know how VSL works, as I with EW only use what comes out of the box most of the times... :S

Superb demo!

This is very nice. I was a classical saxophone major at Michigan with Don Sinta. While, you folks are getting close, the attacks and vibrato throw up the sample flags. Understand that I am being VERY picky here. This is by far the best example of saxophone I have heard! I may be out of work soon

Keep up the good work.

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    Here is an excerpt from Debussy's Rhapsodie for Orchestra and Alto Saxophone featuring the new alto sax from VSL's VI Saxophone package.

In this piece I was going for a more classical sound to sax -- emphasizing the woodwind qualities of the instrument.

All comments are welcome.

Best,
    Jay

http://www.vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=13&DemoId=4932

Nothing short of the very high expectations I had for this library. Wonderful Jay - your programming talents coupled with VSL produce amazing results.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Wow Jay, that really sounds wonderful. !!
    The sax sounds tip-top, and the orchestra sounds utterly sumptuos.
    Fantastic strings. !!

I have grown to like the classical sax sound lately.
    It explores a narrower range of sound, than Jazz .
    But it explores this range deeply.

Bravo.

regards Joe

Vibrato is still a dead giveaway, but this is the best sampled classical sax I've heard!!

Go Back to forum