• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: How to add custom convolution reverb in K2 w/ Strad 2.0 ??

Share/Bookmark

How do you add convolution reverb in K2 w/ Strad 2.0 ??

Hello All,

I just got my version of the Stradivari 2.0 (it's awesome!!) but I ran into a small problem almost right away.

The new interface doesn't have a Configure button to open the section with insert effects. So I can't add my own IR reverb or any other insert effect.

The configure button (the wrentch) has been replaced with the instrument options button (gears). I don't know of any keyboard shortcut to open the "Insert Effects" tab though, so I can't reach it to add my own reverb.

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks!

Here's a screenshot if it helps

JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Re: How to add custom convolution reverb in K2 w/ Strad 2.0 ??

Hi,

In the Kontakt 2 Player interface, in the uppermost part, click the Outputs button.

In the mixer that opens, you have four inserts per channel. Click and hold the popup arrow on an insert and select 'Convolution' (second from the bottom of the list). Then double click the insert button now marked 'cu' or click the 'Edit Effect' button in the row just above the channel sliders.

The Convolution editing window will open and you can drag your impulse WAV to the space where it says 'Drag Impulse Sample Here' . I just tested, and it works.

HTH,

//Joey

Thanks for the Reply Joey,

That only works if the Strad is the only instrument loaded. By putting the effect on the output channel, everything will have the reverb applied to it. I want to apply the convolution reverb (and perhaps other effects) just to the loaded Strad. So what you suggested to do won't work.

I need to open the Insert Effect and Insert Send for each loaded instance.
    JP Garbarini

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

JP,

when you open the Output mixer, you should see 4 Aux channels. If you click "Conf." on one of these, you get a "channel output configuration" dialog box for that channel. When you click the (very) small "Aux" button in the upper right corner of the Stradivari interface, an "Aux Sends" strip opens below the Stradivari interface with a level slider for each Aux channel.

You can use these Aux channels to set 4 different effect configurations.

Thanks Nickie for the suggestion for getting to the Aux Sends.

Do you have any ideas for getting to the Insert Effects for each instance of the Strad?
    JP Garbarini

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini
    Do you have any ideas for getting to the Insert Effects for each instance of the Strad?
    I doubt you can do that in the Kontakt Player. Maybe you can do it in Kontakt 2. I don't know since I have not been able to install it yet - there was no serial number with the disc.

That's my problem. I'm using the full version of Kontakt 2 (haven't even tried the player yet).

But the configure button you normally use (the wrentch; see my SS) isn't there. Only the gears, which opens up the intrument configuration dialog.

As far as I know there's no keyboard shortcut to get to the patch editor (which has the Insert Effects section).
    JP Garbarini

I suppose they somehow blocked the access to the Edit mode then. This is a major disappointment and I don't really understand why. There is nothing to steal from the Editor except maybe the script, and this is/can be password protected anyway. Unfortunately, blocking access to the Editor means, you cannot apply custom scripts, one of Kontakts big advantages. This lack of access detracts a good deal in the instruments value in my oppinion.

I agree that this lack of cross compatibility is very annoying, especially if you're using the new strad instruments in Kontakt 2. What if you want to add simple scripts to substitute controllers or add humanizer effects for ensemble use, for example?

I just "upgraded" to the new 2.0 version (just got it installed about 20 minuts ago) and the first thing I tried to do was replace the impulse response they used, as I absolutly cant stand it, being set to 100% wet, it colors the sound way too much. If theres really no way to change this, I think I'll be going back to the old version.. gotta love spending 50$ on a downgrade.

excuse the rant, but Im more then moderatly angry

:edit: Im not 100% sure on this, but is the only difference between V1 and 2 (soundwise) a change in the impulses used? if so, I'd have absolutly zero need for V2, another thought, the cello/viola etc will probably have this same issue

Go Back to forum