• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will Kontakt 2.0 allow for consolidation?

Share/Bookmark

Will Kontakt 2.0 allow for consolidation?

GPO comes with a Kontakt player. JABB comes with a Kontakt player. Now Stradiveri comes with a Kontakt player.

Is it going to be possible someday to use a single instance of the player with all these libraries? What about combining them within a single instance of Finale? What about Steinway?

I'm soooo confused!

Re: Will Kontakt 2.0 allow for consolidation?

Yea, this is a good idea!

What about the amount of instruments within one instance? Will there ever be an included player, where you can add an unlimited number of instruments, just like in the full Kontakt 2?

This probably has been answered already, but can I load Garritan instruments to the full Kontakt 2?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Yea, this is a good idea!

This probably has been answered already, but can I load Garritan instruments to the full Kontakt 2?
    Yes, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    Is it going to be possible someday to use a single instance of the player with all these libraries? What about combining them within a single instance of Finale? What about Steinway?
    Hi Andrew,

Yes that's the goal. In one word, you can mix different libraries (after they have been converted to the new KPL2 format by the vendor...) within one single instance of the player. Already it works with Finale GPO (2007) and the new strad (those are the only KPL2-compatible libraries available as of today).

Within the next 2 or 3 months, I guess we'll be able to mix GPO, Finale GPO Finale, JABB, Strad, Gofriller, GOS2, Steinway, and perhaps the EWQL stuff. All will be automatically recognised by and compatible with Human Playback.

RP.

Very cool -- thanks!

Of course the next thing I'm going to ask is whether there will be a way to render an ensemble too big to do in real time if you're patient enough :-)

My thought is this: Use a conventional MIDI synth while composing, then start it rendering and take a nap or something.

Very cool -- thanks!

Of course the next thing I'm going to ask is whether there will be a way to render an ensemble too big to do in real time if you're patient enough :-)

My thought is this: Use a conventional MIDI synth while composing, then start it rendering and take a nap or something.
    I am not entirely sure what you mean exactly, Andrew, but many DAW's (Sonar, Cubase, DP etc) have a "Bounce to Audio" command. Some even have a "Bounce All MIDI to Audio." These tools render the midi file running through the VST/DXi/AU/RTAS(?) to audio clips at a much faster rate than real-time recording. They also, by rendering tracks individually, will let you skirt any CPU usage issues and get the best performance out of the VST without archiving tracks.

Similarly, Finale and Sibelius have "Save to audio" commands, which performs a "bounce all tracks to audio" function. I would guess this runs around the same speed (not long at all).

I see what you mean: with a moderate cpu/ram config, the computer takes whatever time necessary to build a drop/stuttering free sound file. I'm not sure this is going to happen so soon...

RP.

Go Back to forum