• Register
  • Help

Topic: Choirs Library : VSL presents ....

Share/Bookmark

Choirs Library : VSL presents ....

here's the last VSL newsletter

Dear Vienna Subscriber,

The good news just go on and on! Registered users and those who purchase and register a complete Symphonic Cube (Standard Libraries of all 10 Collections) before November 30th, 2006, are eligible to receive exclusive Legato Performance Patches of the Soprano Choir for Vienna Instruments. The performances of 16 sopranos, recorded at Vienna ’s Silent Stage, are available for download at our User Area. The complete Vienna Choir Collections are due for release in 2008.
    Articulations of this special offer include “oos” and “ahs” as legato sustains, crescendos and diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato and staccato articulations as well as some consonants. A demo by team member Christian Kardeis can be listened to here. The demo also includes the first official appearance of the Vienna Instruments Collection Vienna Konzerthaus Organ, scheduled for release by the end of the year.

A mp3 can be downloaded here http://vsl.co.at/en-us/65/71/277.vsl

Re: Choirs Library : VSL presents ....

2008!?

By then we'll be flying our personal, spandex-clad, cloned choir in our amazing new hovercar to sessions on the moon...

www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

All the more time to find that elusive money tree!

Tomorrow I'll be embarking on an eleven month expedition to the Amazonian Basin to start the search. Anyone want to join me? I have a couple of spare safari hats.

VSL Choirs though.

Wow.

Is there any mention of "wordbuilder"-like capabilities? I think this is the direction that choral libraries will be headed in, i.e. Symphonic Choirs, Giovanni, and the upcoming Garritan Choirs. I don't think VSL's choir library will do well at all if something like this isn't included. Just my thoughts.

cheers,
    James III

James, the demo only shows , i guess, just a small part of the library. No doubt if the release date is scheduled to 2008 ( in 2 years ! ) it's because of the massive amount of data to record. I guess they will record consonants and vowels and such.. to make choirs sing words

Moreover they have that true legato advantage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    James, the demo only shows , i guess, just a small part of the library. No doubt if the release date is scheduled to 2008 ( in 2 years ! ) it's because of the massive amount of data to record. I guess they will record consonants and vowels and such.. to make choirs sing words

Moreover they have that true legato advantage
    You are probably right. I'll tell you one thing, the future of sample libraries is exciting indeed!

James III

It's pretty cool. Some of us who coughed up for the full library got a free gift from VSL of a bit of the library (legato sopranos, sustains, oohs, aahhs) and the legatos are very cool. Maybe a tad much too much glide between notes, but I did a version of "Silent Night" the other day for a client and coupled with the sustained voices, with the legatos doing the melody, it was fairly scary. Good stuff, will be nice to hear the full library. No word building in the free sample we got though...

TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Even without "wordbuilding" the choir will still have great value for film score stuff... Loads of film scores have just "oohs" and "aahs", and sound great. Now becuase of the legato features in VSL we will be able to do something similar and have it sound good.

Go Back to forum