• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio with Finale 2007 sample

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio with Finale 2007 sample "Also Sprache Zarathustra"

I just installed Finale 2007 last week and sat down and wrote up this arrangement for "Also Sprache Zarathustra" using GPO Studio. Give it a listen.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~Family/music/Also%20Sprache%20Zarathustra.mp3
    Last edited by Mitch Manthe; 10-16-2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Modify title
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: GPO Studio with Finale 2007 sample

I am curious, if you used GPO Studio, how did you make the recording?
    Using an external recording program?
    Do you find that Finale reacts better (less skipping and hiccups) when you go through GPO Studio rather than let Finale do all the playback?

I used the record option in GPO Studio while playing the piece with Finale 2007, then ran the resulting WAV file through Creative's file conversion program to MP3 format. The only problem doing it this way is that I notice I lose a lot of the dynamics in the final MP3.
    As for you second question, I had been using Finale 2006 without any problem on my current PC (Dell XPS 600, 2 GB memory, 250 GB disk), but had many problems with the Finale 2006 on my older Dell Dimension 8250, which had less memory and horsepower. I only upgraded so I could take advantage of the upcoming Kontact 2 support in Finale which I am looking forward to.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Fine job on this, Mitch -- great resonance and sonority
    to the arrangement and rendering!

I might suggest perhaps somewhat lesser reverb to
    better bring out articulation and line.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks Dave. I just realized that this piece was already done and is a member of the Garritan Demo library under Classical Music. As soon as I figure out how to control reverb better under Finale and GPO the results should improve, I hope. You know how it goes, every day one learns a little bit more about how to use the tools at hand until he runs out of hands.

I think the reverb does wonders on the GPO trumpets. You've managed to get very warm sound from them, Mitch.

Go Back to forum