• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Other SAGE Expander libraries?

Share/Bookmark

Other SAGE Expander libraries?

Hey guys,

I've checked out the Spectrasonics and Ilio and 9-volt audio SAGE expanders for Stylus RMX -- such great material out there, it feels like I just opened a vein! -- but are there other libraries that I'm missing? I've bought a few things in REX format that I can convert, but if you know of any libraries that are must-have's, especially libraries containing tonal- or arpeggio-type sounds, please post them! I'm in the market for some new and interesting sounds.

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Re: Other SAGE Expander libraries?

Hi Kerry,

Just a point clarification, Nine Volt Audio doesn't make SAGE Xpanders. That's a Spectrasonics trademarked name.

We just offer our REX collections pre-converted for Stylus RMX...
    But you probably already knew that .

There's A LOT less tonal material out there in the REX format, which is probably because it's quite difficult to REXify without leaving unwanted audio artifacts (I call it "slice noise"). Furthermore, even if you find tonal REX loops out there, chances are theat they'll not perform as well as Spectrasonics stuff or any of the Nine Volt Audio "BPM Flex Series" releases, in terms of tempo flexibility. Most tonal loops I've found tend to "break apart" upon dropping the tempo a few BPMs under their original file's tempo.

Anyway, (Shameless Plug) you can check out details of Nine Volt Audio's BPM Flex Series, as well as hear a few of our loops put through their paces with this MP3 demo, which takes two Nine Volt Audio loops and runs them at tempos between 70-130 BPM.

I hope that helps!
    And I'm sure there are other forum members that have found a few gems out there that they can suggest.

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com

yes they aren't that many Tonal Rex2 files that play well over various tempi etc...... Total Rex by Zero G has some too, but there are so many loops there, you are guaranteed to have a lot of stinkers as we..

but Kyle's stuff, Ilio's stuff and Spectrasonics stuff are great.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I own and use Nine Volt Electronic Guitars all the time. Very cool material that is flexible especially in RMX. Metamorphisis SAGE Expander has some "tonalish" stuff not synth arps but quite creative and unique loops. Hope that helps.
    Tim

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the clarification -- I guess I just call them expanders cuz they work with RMX. I bought your two guitar libraries, which are AMAZING -- it's like a gold mine. I'll check out the BPM set as well.

And if anyone out there can recommend some REX stuff that's quality -- maybe if you're willing to let us all in on your "secret weapons" -- that would be great. I've been disappointed with a lot of the stuff I've heard lately in terms of libraries. The demos sound really cool, but then you realize that the demos used the 10 coolest loops, and the other 1,990 loops suck. Kinda like seeing a movie and realizing that the trailer had all the best moments in it.

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

what libaries do you currently have?

like I said I find all spectrasonics and ilio stuff top notch
    so too nine volts audio
    e-lab stuff too is superb
    what else do I have:

Total Rex, a mix bag....the good stuff is great
    Sonic Reality RAW......really disappointed with it....a few are great, but those are in the minority at least for the work I do..
    Drums on Demand: They sound ok, just have never used any of the loops in the about five libraries I have from them, except their percussion library essential Acoustic Percussion which I like a lot..
    smartloops percussion library I love
    smartloops dry drums, sounds nice, but have never found any use for them
    Big Fish Hip Hop isn't bad and actually have some tonal stuff in it
    Brush Artistry is so so
    Groove Master Drum stuff, sounds great, just no intros or breaks so I dont' use them much
    Loopmaster stuff is pretty good too and some have tonal elements in them.
    Actually I almost forgot one of my favourites. it is in the same vein as Metamorphosis and is great, Synthotica......I got it from PowerFX, but I dont' remember who makes the library
    those are the ones I remember

most other stuff I have converted using Recycle

the above is obviously just my opinion.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Zvenx, that's AWESOME -- thanks for listing that stuff. I just got Nine-Volt's Electronic Guitars and Downtempo guitars and they're fantastic. Ilio and Spectrasonic's offerings are really quality too. But I know there's so much more out there, and rather than waste $$ taking chances on what might be good, I'd rather rely on the honest reviews of other users. Thanks for the tips!

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

you are very welcome, just bear in mind that one man's meat is another man's poison.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Zvenx.

Synthotica is a Big Fish Audio title. But they don't have any demos on their site for that Lib. Do you have any tracks you could post that use that Lib?

Zvenx.

Synthotica is a Big Fish Audio title. But they don't have any demos on their site for that Lib. Do you have any tracks you could post that use that Lib?

Go Back to forum