• Register
  • Help

Topic: M-Audio Latigo

Share/Bookmark

M-Audio Latigo

Has anyone here used this program for creating Latin percussion backgrounds? How is it. I listened to some of the samples and it sounds good. Is it useful? It appears to do something similar to Groove Control. I would appreciate any feedback, reviews, comparisons with other products, etc, if you have the change. Thanks in advance!

foxymoron

Re: M-Audio Latigo

Download the demo. I downloaded a demo for Darbuka for a project. It was for 30 days but with only two patches. I was pretty impressed with the engine, the GUI and the quality of the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by foxymoron
    Has anyone here used this program for creating Latin percussion backgrounds? How is it. I listened to some of the samples and it sounds good. Is it useful? It appears to do something similar to Groove Control. I would appreciate any feedback, reviews, comparisons with other products, etc, if you have the change. Thanks in advance!

foxymoron
    Yes, I have both Darbuka and Latigo. Latigo sounds great (as does Darbuka) and locks in synch with your host (I use Sonar 5PE). You can increase/decrease the complexity of the groove easily as well as bringing instruments forward or taking them backwards in the sounds stage, courtesy of a very neat graphic. You can isolate individual instruments as well as enabling the dragging of midi patterns into your midi track. It also has a good range of LAtin beats in its library.

All in all, an excellent package with a very neat graphic interface.

I love Latigo. Very organic sounds. Rarely sounds sampled and beyond the previously mentioned details, you can make it sloppy to right on-punchy to not so punchy and so on. I wish most other VI had the graphic user interface this one has. You would not regret this purchase one bit.

Go Back to forum