• Register
  • Help

Topic: How complete is GPO with Finale 2007 out of the box?

Share/Bookmark

How complete is GPO with Finale 2007 out of the box?

I have to make a serious decision - in order to maximize my spending dollar I have to get the very most out of every purchase. Here's the big question:

How complete is the GPO bundled with Finale 2007?

Why? If it's quite complete - very comparable.... I may have to consider selling GPO (and a few other things) and just buy Finale 2007 and use its "internal" GPO.

However, if the included stuff is no comparison to the full GPO (such as missing instruments or lacking quality) then I'll have to consider another option.

I'm rather hoping Finale's bundled GPO is at least 75% as good as the full GPO...... but then, if it is - why would they even sell a "CODA GPO" addon? (The full GPO we know and love.)

I see that the Finale page says it has 100+ GPO instruments bundled....
    ...the GPO page doesn't list how many instruments there are by a specific number....

If I do this quick enough - I might even get the Christmas tune finished for the CD and get a couple bucks back!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Re: How complete is GPO with Finale 2007 out of the box?

BlueMax,

here is a link to a list of the instruments in both GPO Editions. First GPO Finale Edition, further down GPO Standard Edition. Judge for yourself then.

Thanks!

Very comprehensive list.... without thoroughly analyzing, it looks as if all the instrument groups are accounted for - they just don't have the fancier stuff like solos and overlays. (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!)

And the demos sound about as good as full GPO.....

Tough call, folks. But if I can find a buyer for my GPO and other stuff, I may have to make this move (and get GPOA later!)

Of course.... in so doing, I may lose out of GPOA upgrade pricing.... but it's a bridge I'll have to cross later. I need Finale NOW! I might still have a chance....
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    Thanks!

Very comprehensive list.... without thoroughly analyzing, it looks as if all the instrument groups are accounted for - they just don't have the fancier stuff like solos and overlays. (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!)

And the demos sound about as good as full GPO.....

Tough call, folks. But if I can find a buyer for my GPO and other stuff, I may have to make this move (and get GPOA later!)

Of course.... in so doing, I may lose out of GPOA upgrade pricing.... but it's a bridge I'll have to cross later. I need Finale NOW! I might still have a chance....

do NOT sell your full GPO to go to the Finale edition!

the Finale edition only has one single violin KS sectional, while full GPO has 1st and 2nd violins.

there are multiple examples of this sort of thing.

The version of GPO in Finale 2007 is 868 MB of samples.

The full GPO 2.0 is 1.82 GB of samples.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Go Back to forum