• Register
  • Help

Topic: Star Strangled Banner - My Version

Share/Bookmark

Star Strangled Banner - My Version

Hey guys,

I don't actually know if this is the right forum for this but.. oh well.

Since a few weeks i own a Yamaha Tyros 2. It's a fantastic keyboard and i wanted to present you my newest piece: The Star Strangled Banner!

I made my own arrangement of it and i think the result is lovely!

http://rapidshare.de/files/36832790/...led_Banner.mp3

I can't wait to hear your comments!

Re: Star Strangled Banner - My Version

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.B
    Hey guys,

I don't actually know if this is the right forum for this but.. oh well.

Since a few weeks i own a Yamaha Tyros 2. It's a fantastic keyboard and i wanted to present you my newest piece: The Star Strangled Banner!

I made my own arrangement of it and i think the result is lovely!

http://rapidshare.de/files/36832790/...led_Banner.mp3

I can't wait to hear your comments!
    Wouldn't download! Also, not that I mind (I'm not an American and not easily offended) but I'm surprised no one left any nasty comments about defamation of the national anthem. I guess this is a more level headed forum.

I can't download it from where I'm at, but I'm curious what could be defamatory about arranging a piece that's in the public domain. Did he overlay it with samples from an Al Queda press release, or use too many parallel 5ths, or what?

Dear JAB,
    I liked your version of the Star Spangled banner. I would say the person who flamed it either downloaded the wrong file or just is having a bad day (I will not fight fire with fire if you know what I mean.)
    Back to your piece. The horns, I think maybe trumpets, are warm and rich. They have the quality of a solo. The strings coming in adds a richness and warmth. The flute or piccolo is a good idea, but the sound is a little thin. I think part of the problem is the flute is not a solid sound in the upper registers or the piccolo needs to be fuller. You could try the oboe. It is easier for sound cards to reproduce.
    Listen to some of the Garritan Personal Orchestra samples to see what some people are doing with GPO.
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3.html
    Tyros is a good sounding keyboard, but there are always some instruments that a great sounding sample set and orchestrator like GPO will play with more dynamics and what I call punch(may be different than what others call punch).
    Overall, I was pleased. I use Powertracks by PG Music as a sequencer to add reverb and chorus as well as other dxi effects. In my opinion, I think with a little ambience, this could sound fuller. Keep playing and ignore unqualified criticism.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Frees0ngz

Quote Originally Posted by frees0ngz
    Dear JAB,
    I would say the person who flamed it either downloaded the wrong file or just is having a bad day.
    Frees0ngz
    I wasn't flaming. I simply was suprised no one noticed that the title was typed, twice as Star STRANGLED Banner. Some people are very sensitive about such things--I am not. I thought I made that clear. Anyway, as I noted, i did not get to even hear it because it wouldn't download. since the title was missed typed twice with the same error, I supposed that it was intentional and was some sort of Jimi Hendrix type of anthem. Again, I AM NOT AGAINST ANY SUCH THING, AND I ACTUALLY LIKE THE HENDRIX VERSION, BUT SOME PEOPLE WERE VERY AGAINST IT.

Go Back to forum