• Register
  • Help

Topic: Compact Controller for VSL & EWQLSC.

Share/Bookmark

Compact Controller for VSL & EWQLSC.

Hi,

I would like to buy a compact size 49 key midi controller for the VSL & EWQLSC, any recommendation?

I am thinking the Korg K49, but I am not sure if it has the after touch sensitivity tough. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

hc.

Re: Compact Controller for VSL & EWQLSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    A four octave keyboard would be a challenge for VSL. You need some elbow room for key switching.

Lee Blaske
    Not with programmable buttons...it's great. I ditched my 88 weighted for a small light controller and assigned the VSL keyswitches to buttons. So far this is working very nicely.

TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Quote Originally Posted by hangee_77
    Hi,

I would like to buy a compact size 49 key midi controller for the VSL & EWQLSC, any recommendation?

I am thinking the Korg K49, but I am not sure if it has the after touch sensitivity tough. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

hc.
    I have a Korg K49 and M-Audio Axiom 61. I like the Korg better for non-piano sounds and the Axiom for eps and acoustic pianos. I think the Korg is better made although it lacks thr sliders and buttons of the Axiom.

You can map keyswitches to buttons??? I had no idea you could do that!

Some suggestions:
    I think Studiologic makes a 49-key that's actually piano-weighted (if that's important to you)--it's the only one on the market. All other companies only make them at 88-keys.

You can take a look at Novation's ReMOTE SL series--that automap feature is pretty killer if your sequencer supports it.

CME's UF series had a bad start, but seems to have all the kinks ironed out, so take a look at their 49-key version as well.

Korg Kontrol is very nice, and probably the easiest on the eyes (if you care about that).

Although I detest most M-Audio products, the Axiom series seems to be one of the better products they've put out lately.

Go Back to forum