• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crash to BSOD

Share/Bookmark

Crash to BSOD

Since this is not related to the topic in the audio interface thread, I thought I would separate it into its own topic.

I have been experiencing problems with Notion Demo and had not really experienced the problems prior to installing the Demo. So...

To re-acquant all with my setup:

KA8 Triton 939 Motherboard
    AMD 64X2 _4200 dual core processor
    2 Gigs of RAM
    MoTu 2408 MkII with PCI 424 interface card
    Radeon 9200 graphics AGP card
    C: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 80Gigs
    E: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 200Gigs
    F: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 160Gigs

Notion Demo is installed on E: drive

When I turn off one CPU in the taskmanager affinity setting the system is more stable. But, I still get the crash to blue screen. As Tledford suggested, I wrote down what info I could get from the blue screen. Here is the latest crash info as of today after working fine for 2 hours:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBA2927D3)

***MOTUAW.SYS Address BA2927D3 base at BA271000 Date Stamp 44463a21

The MOTUAW.SYS did happen late last night but I turned it off before reading the whole thing. (To me [unfortunately] this implies that the MoTu 2408 is probably dying (or at least the PCI interface card.)) So, it may be coincidental to installing Notion Demo.

If there is any engineers out there who know what may be happening, I would really appreciate a response.

Thanks
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Crash to BSOD

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Since this is not related to the topic in the audio interface thread, I thought I would separate it into its own topic.

I have been experiencing problems with Notion Demo and had not really experienced the problems prior to installing the Demo. So...

To re-acquant all with my setup:

KA8 Triton 939 Motherboard
    AMD 64X2 _4200 dual core processor
    2 Gigs of RAM
    MoTu 2408 MkII with PCI 424 interface card
    Radeon 9200 graphics AGP card
    C: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 80Gigs
    E: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 200Gigs
    F: ATA 100 IDE 7200 RPM at 160Gigs

Notion Demo is installed on E: drive

When I turn off one CPU in the taskmanager affinity setting the system is more stable. But, I still get the crash to blue screen. As Tledford suggested, I wrote down what info I could get from the blue screen. Here is the latest crash info as of today after working fine for 2 hours:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBA2927D3)

***MOTUAW.SYS Address BA2927D3 base at BA271000 Date Stamp 44463a21

The MOTUAW.SYS did happen late last night but I turned it off before reading the whole thing. (To me [unfortunately] this implies that the MoTu 2408 is probably dying (or at least the PCI interface card.)) So, it may be coincidental to installing Notion Demo.

If there is any engineers out there who know what may be happening, I would really appreciate a response.

Thanks
    RichR, the error is occurring because of the MOTU driver, but that may not be as simple as it sounds. The problem could be related to software only, or the driver may be misbehaving BECAUSE the hardware has gone wonky.

Have you talked to anyone at MOTU support about the driver? Do you know if you're running the latest driver?

Regards,
    TL

I'm running the latest driver. The "wonkyness" as you put it has really only happened since I installed Notion Demo. Everything else seems to run smoothly. I'm still waiting on a response form the tech team here at notion but I will drop a line to MoTu and see what they have to say. Thanks for the response. It is appreciated.

Rich

I'm sorry, Rich, were you waiting for a tech reply here on the forum or did you actually contact tech support? I ask simply because this isn't our official tech support and you would be better served by actually communicating with someone from our tech support department.

I have contacted tech support last weekend and am waiting for a response. I did get a ticket number but that was all so far.

Thanks for the response, Jason.

Rich

Go Back to forum