• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OvertureSE

Share/Bookmark

OvertureSE

Hi, im posting here about this program, since it is so related to GPO. Weeks ago user "BlueMax" post asking about OvertureSE, he wanted to upgrade from v3.61SE to v4SE. He asked in the Overture forum, but no luck from lot of time...
    Today, the developer answer him. Since im OvertureSE user too, i felt concerned and point some things, too. Well, the thread was simply deleted, instantly.
    Really, i feel bad about this, since from more than two months im asking about some ugly bugs in OvertureSE (and in the full version) too, that make it unusable in some cases (transcribed large notes dont work).
    You can read about that bugs, if they dont become deleted, in the OvertureSE forum, bugs from more than one year old, and here the thread that the Overture guy deleted about upgrade from 3.61 to 4 from BlueMax:

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Apparently some of you don't know that we are a business trying to make money. We are not a company developing software to give away. Overture is the probably the best value for the dollar of any other program. Overture SE was designed to to give users a taste of what Overture can do in hopes of upgrading to the full version of Overture. I

Please check out the post below from some of our paying customers.

How You Afford The Price Of Oveture 4......
    Hey, that's a rude answer man! The guy ask you about to pay an upgrade from 3 to 4 and you simply put SE users out of your "paying customers"... and probably that`s the reason i spent a month wainting an answer from developer in the SE forum, so, we are "second class" users...
    Maybe if you solve some of the impressive list of bugs it have, some of us will be glad to upgrade to the Overture full version. Meanwhile, maybe you can be a little more kind with people.
    And yep, GPO worst the buy anyway, maybe i understand now why this proggie is not more bundled with GPO in their home page.
    BTW, if you can give a detailed list of SE limitations in your purchase page, users will be glad, i guess.

Well, really disapointed about this program, i really hope it was the solution for the "sequencer-notation" dilema, but not, lots of bugs and a bad attitude for the customers of SE version.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: OvertureSE

You're kidding!

I'm glad you caught that before it was deleted!

Wow.... I would have expected a better response than that! Anything would have been better....

Fine! Finale 2007 it is! An extra $100 well spent for a company that can actually care about its customers! (And obviously has a good relationship with Gary G!)

I'll bet this was another reason Overture SE was removed from GPO.... Gary probably got hassled too. He's probably not allowed to comment.
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

i believe that the Sibelius offer for crossgrade is still valid
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...us+gpo+upgrade
    and can be a good option too.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    Fine! Finale 2007 it is! An extra $100 well spent for a company that can actually care about its customers! (And obviously has a good relationship with Gary G!).
    Bluemax,

That's a good way to look at it. And you can also feel confident that Finale is going to be around for a long time. There are many music publishers, film composers, major symphony orchestras, etc..., that all use Finale for their livelihood because they think it's the best tool for the job.

Jeff

The message I got from them in email was almost as nasty. Definately not a good way to do business.
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Sorry marce, but I think it is ruder to quote from a post deleted by its author, isn't it ?
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    Sorry marce, but I think it is ruder to quote from a post deleted by its author, isn't it ?
    No. It may have been a "slip of the tongue", but it still reveals, how he thinks of his customers. I think potential new customers have an interest in knowing this.

I think it's much ruder for a forum administrator to delete a post simply because he didn't like the question being asked.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I think it's much ruder for a forum administrator to delete a post simply because he didn't like the question being asked.
    He doesn't seem to delete the question.
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

He doesn't seem to delete the question.
    Sorry, but the entire thread was deleted, with all the posts, including my answer, that also was deleted. You cant found it anymore in the geniesoft forum. If he feels his answer was wrong, simply edit it, or apologize was enough.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum