• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX, Quantizing, Multi's and Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX, Quantizing, Multi's and Sonar

In the Changing the feel video, the presenter shows how the Quantize tool in Logic can be used to change the feel of a Multi.

In Sonar (I have S5 PE) how do I do that in real time? Sonar only seems to be able to Quantize a midi recording and not in real time?

Also, in the video, the presenter seems to have made up his multis from two Expander packs - how do I do that?

Re: Stylus RMX, Quantizing, Multi's and Sonar

You can very easily combine SAGE Xpansion libraries in the same multi. Each part can have a groove element from a different directory.

As far as Sonar quantizing, not sure if it can be done real-time. That's certainly one of the great things about MIDI handling in Logic...EVERYTHING happens in realtime which makes the workflow very seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    You can very easily combine SAGE Xpansion libraries in the same multi. Each part can have a groove element from a different directory.
    Okay, cool. So how do I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    As far as Sonar quantizing, not sure if it can be done real-time. That's certainly one of the great things about MIDI handling in Logic...EVERYTHING happens in realtime which makes the workflow very seamless.
    From all the messing about in Sonar that I have done to try and make it work, I don't think it is possible either.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul881
    Okay, cool. So how do I do it?
    Watch The Browser videos...should be fairly self-explanatory.

Simply a matter of selecting the part with the browser open and selecting which master directory and sound directory you want to load from.

Couldn't find the Browser Video (I thought I had all of them ) and I couldn't find a Browser video on the Spectrasonics website but I figured out how to do it from the description you gave in your post.

Awesome, absolutely awesome. I am doing a backing track at present for a corporate video and this has spurred me on with some incredible unique sounding possibilities.

Many thanks.

Browser videos are on the Tutorial Disc that came with the product.

Go Back to forum